PDA

View Full Version : Sparky Melbourne Eastern Suburbs

B.J.Honeycut
6th May 2005, 04:34 PM
Looking for a good electrician in the Eastern Suburbs. Need some power points installed for my kitchen reno and 15amp circuit for the new table saw. If anyone can recomend a reliable one that doesn't charge like a wounded bull, that would be great.

MidwayBlonde4
6th May 2005, 05:37 PM
Gee i should have posted a add like you did

I rang and rang just wanting to get a Quote and yep they said they would come and nope they never got here.

I rang one about 10klm away and he said oh sorry i dont go that far. :eek:

I got one i think we might have paid more but at least he came.

Good luck!!!!!!!!

Programmer
7th May 2005, 01:52 AM
BJ, you want reliable AND reasonable charging? Now you're asking way too much...:eek:

I had some work done recently and the charging was astronomical. I was stupid enough to not purchase required powerpoints etc before-hand.

However, while I can't say the guy I dealt with is extremely reliable, he did agree that what the 'boss' charges for 'stuff' is downright ridiculous, and offered his private number for weekend work. I can't publish it, but if you're interested, send me a private messsage and I'll reply with his details. The rest will be up to you. I can say that the p/h rate he charges is MUCH lower than the norm.

Iain
7th May 2005, 07:57 AM
And don't buy your power points at Bunnies, the company I used to work for had accounts with all the wholesalers and I jsut swan in and ask for x number of double power points, they are for my brother the sparky.
Usually works and I get doubles for about $8-10 each instead of the BUnnies $30-35, and I bet they pay less than $8 a piece.
If this is relevant try it, if not ignore it :cool:
Incidentally, our local sparky sends his appy out for jobs like that and charges $30 hour, when he's finished he comes out and checks out the job and gives a certificate.