PDA

View Full Version : My first order

Gra
26th May 2013, 06:33 PM
After my efforts this week I got a special order that I couldn't refuse. SHMBO is a nurse and goes through a lot of pens, she wanted something distinctive so it wouldnt get lost and in acrylic so it was easily washable, this is what a came up with

The acrylic is from pops shed, with the cigar kit from a previous incarnation of my turning. She loves it woohoo brownie points

Nai84
26th May 2013, 07:06 PM
After my efforts this week I got a special order that I couldn't refuse. SHMBO is a nurse and goes through a lot of pens, she wanted something distinctive so it wouldnt get lost and in acrylic so it was easily washable, this is what a came up with

The acrylic is from pops shed, with the cigar kit from a previous incarnation of my turning. She loves it woohoo brownie points

Mate nice to hear u got brownie points sure she loves it to bits. The pen looks good fit and finish but I have a question is that the brass tube I can see

Ian

Gra
26th May 2013, 07:29 PM
If you mean in the joiner, yes I didn't hit it hard enough when I first assembled it. Fixed now

Nai84
26th May 2013, 08:23 PM
If you mean in the joiner, yes I didn't hit it hard enough when I first assembled it. Fixed now

Mate didn't even see that bit lol. I was talking about seeing the brass tube though the blank????? Or is it just the pic

tdrumnut
26th May 2013, 09:18 PM
Gra the brass tube is definitely visible through the blank. Reverse painting the bank or the tube prior to glue up will prevent this happening. Painting with different colours will also effect the end result. Keep up the good work.

Gra
26th May 2013, 09:41 PM
Mate didn't even see that bit lol. I was talking about seeing the brass tube though the blank????? Or is it just the pic

Gra the brass tube is definitely visible through the blank. Reverse painting the bank or the tube prior to glue up will prevent this happening. Painting with different colours will also effect the end result. Keep up the good work.

I can see what you mean, it doesn't show IRL, must be a picture thing. Might have a chat to pops, I have seen coloured tubes for sierras

Nai84
26th May 2013, 10:28 PM
I can see what you mean, it doesn't show IRL, must be a picture thing. Might have a chat to pops, I have seen coloured tubes for sierras

Hey Gra

I paint all mine now unless it's timber lol. Some blanks u can get away with painting like black or gold maybe but like tdrumnut said painting the tubes a different colour will give u a different effect ;-) but keep them coming mate and keep up the good work

Ian

minus459
26th May 2013, 10:54 PM
Hey Gra don't worry about the other curmudgeons picking on your tube, I do it all the time (forget to paint the tube)........just shut up the rest of you, I know, I know, I'm a curmudgeon too:B. That is a really nice pen. The bone I need to pick with you is the title of this thread.
This is not the first ORDER your minister for war and finance has ever given you. Just a little honesty please mate.:U:U:;:roll:

Keep it up mate
cheers
undies.

Nai84
26th May 2013, 10:56 PM
Hey Gra don't worry about the other curmudgeons picking on your tube, I do it all the time (forget to paint the tube)........just shut up the rest of you, I know, I know, I'm a curmudgeon too:B. That is a really nice pen. The bone I need to pick with you is the title of this thread.
This is not the first ORDER your minister for war and finance has ever given you. Just a little honesty please mate.:U:U:;:roll:

Keep it up mate
cheers
undies.

Lol undies ur a fanny man ralmfao

Ian

Gra
26th May 2013, 11:07 PM
This is not the first ORDER your minister for war and finance has ever given you. Just a little honesty please mate.

Yeah, but it the first one I have actually taken notice of in the last 20 years :)

DaveTTC
26th May 2013, 11:09 PM
I actually like that you can see the tube on the pic.

Christos
27th May 2013, 10:25 AM
Well done on your first ORDER we all have to obey.

Gra
27th May 2013, 10:27 AM
Well done on your first ORDER we all have to obey.

You are right, We all have someone we must obay

edblysard
27th May 2013, 12:28 PM
There are nickel plated tubes on the market, they don’t show through the translucent blanks as much, but they do show some.
The bright flash from the camera may have highlighted the tube in the photo also.
Still nice looking pen, wives seem to like the color purple for some reason.

tdrumnut
27th May 2013, 01:23 PM
You are right, We all have someone we must obay
That must be what that bloody voice I keep hearing is!