PDA

View Full Version : P&N Clearance at Machinery House

steamingbill
28th May 2013, 11:54 PM
These prices seem cheap compared to other places.

P&N chisel + handle for less than unhandled blade on other sites.

Search | machineryhouse.com.au (http://www.machineryhouse.com.au/Search?S=&Filters=Clearance:1;&AddFilter=Category&FilterID=90)

May be of interest to some folk

Bill

Jim Carroll
29th May 2013, 10:04 AM
They are clearing a lot of stock as they are moving to the record brand of tools and machinery

chuck1
30th May 2013, 10:19 AM
always when I'm strapped for cash! also heard p&n are not making them anymore?!

NeilS
5th June 2013, 07:16 PM
also heard p&n are not making them anymore?!

Do we have any confirmation of this?

Jim Carroll
5th June 2013, 08:00 PM
P&N are still available.

They just dont put any priority on the turning tools as they are a very low volume sale compared with all their other products

NeilS
5th June 2013, 09:18 PM
P&N are still available.

They just dont put any priority on the turning tools as they are a very low volume sale compared with all their other products

Thanks, Jim.

I was just starting to contemplate life without their 32mm S Roughing Gouge (http://www.cws.au.com/shop/category/-pn-roughing-gouges) when I've sharpened mine away in about 20 years. Almost broke out into a cold sweat, but you have assured me that life with P&N will go on, albeit perhaps on back order...:U

hughie
18th June 2013, 03:32 PM
I went along to the sale to have while I picked up a bandsaw drive belt. Not much left at the moment, one thing I did notice the Records tools were cheaper than the 'on sale' P&N, nothing in the individual tool selection over a $100. I bought one to try out will let you know how it fares on some old dry hardwood as I have a couple of burls to turn shortly off dead trees.

It would appear that all the Record gear is now made in China, I had a look at the lathes on offer, nothing new in design all the typical Record colour and design etc. Perhaps not quite the same finish as the UK made Record.

NeilS
19th June 2013, 10:20 AM
I bought one to try out will let you know how it fares on some old dry hardwood as I have a couple of burls to turn shortly off dead trees.

Watching out for your report.