PDA

View Full Version : Condensation on face mask

Rowan
9th May 2005, 11:17 AM
YES I DID A SEARCH :D :D :rolleyes: :eek: - found nothing so I hope someone out there has the answer

Yesterday morning I was out turning up a bowl and I think out of the hour or so I spent on it 30minutes was spent wiping of the condensation from my face mask ( tried safety glasses but dont like the vision I get from them, they tend to blurr the edge of my visioin.)

Has any bright person out there found a way of stopping this??? And none of the obvious replies like wait till it warms up :cool:

echnidna
9th May 2005, 11:23 AM
Put 1 or 2 drops of dishwashing liquid on the inside and polish it all over with a soft DRY cloth. - No More Fog. Works well on glasses too.

smidsy
9th May 2005, 02:57 PM
Rowan,
Does your wife know about all your heavy breathing in the shed ;)

Cheers
Paul

ptc
9th May 2005, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the tip.

ozwinner
9th May 2005, 05:56 PM
Try turning it on!!

Al :confused:

Mulgabill
9th May 2005, 07:17 PM
I agree with Bob, I can vouch for remedy.

Rowan
10th May 2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks Bob, works well

La truciolara
18th May 2005, 04:59 AM
Rowan
I went to see your site and I have been admiring your Red Gum Burl bowls.
Very nice indeed.
Gosh I'd love to find such nice pieces of wood here. What a delight to turn them.
Congratulation

MathewA
18th May 2005, 05:18 AM
Wow Rowan that's quite something - each piece comes with a mobile phone.;)

Rowan
18th May 2005, 09:25 AM
Rowan
Gosh I'd love to find such nice pieces of wood here. What a delight to turn them.
Congratulation
Not so much of a delight to work with as its rock hard and blunts the best tools very quickly but sure nice when its finished :D

Rowan
18th May 2005, 09:27 AM
Wow Rowan that's quite something - each piece comes with a mobile phone.;)
Yep and I thtow in the fixed 24month contract with monthly bills for nothing!!!!! :eek:

Toasty
18th May 2005, 10:09 AM
Some snorkling mask tips:

Dishwashing liquid (as you have been told)

or

Rub a bit of cut apple on the facemask and then wipe clear

or

Spit on the plastic, yes spit, rub it around then gently wipe clear

or

You could try some of that RainX stuff for cars to stop the glass fogging, but it isn't as cheap as the other methods ;)

rsser
23rd May 2005, 04:41 PM
Yeah, toasty's right; do a good hawk up n spit. Cheap, available and biodegradable!

keith53
24th May 2005, 09:19 AM
You could also look at the Triton respirator. I bought one recently at the Brisbane Wood show & it works very well.
The air flow in front of your face takes care of the fogging problem, there's a dual filter system to take care of the dust and you also have the option of using it to frighten small children.....