PDA

View Full Version : A special pendant as a special gift.

Sturdee
2nd June 2013, 02:02 PM
Recently Springwater regaled us with his travelogue and photos made during his overseas holiday to the UK, Morocco and France.

Whilst he was there I asked him not to throw his loose change at the peasants and beggars as he was leaving a country but keep them for me as I can use them as inserts in my various types of turning.

So on his return I received a parcel of coins from the UK, Morocco and France being euro cents of various countries including the Netherlands :2tsup:.

So I turned a Corian pendant and as an inset I used the most beautiful and valuable coin as a present for Mrs. Springwater in appreciation of Craig's efforts and as a permanent reminder of the good times they had visiting their daughters in the UK and the rest of their holiday.

Black Corian is hard to get and in short supply but it goes well with the two coloured coin.

Enjoy.

Peter.

artme
2nd June 2013, 02:56 PM
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

smiife
2nd June 2013, 06:50 PM
hi peter,
well done, looks great:cool:
clever idea, i might pinch that one day:U
cheers smiife:2tsup:

springwater
3rd June 2013, 03:37 AM
Peter that's so kind of you to make the pendant thank you very much.

Sturdee
3rd June 2013, 09:59 AM
clever idea, i might pinch that one day

You're welcome to use it.

I got the idea a few years ago when I saw Ken Wraith demoing making a lidded container and he glued a small glass bead into the underside of the lid as extra interest to the container. From this kernel of an idea it meta morphed into inserting coins of special interest into special pendants.

Done a few for those that saved foreign coins for me from their travels so if anyone has spare foreign coins you can send them to me and they would gratefully be received. :D

Peter.

Sturdee
3rd June 2013, 10:03 AM
Peter that's so kind of you to make the pendant thank you very much.

The pleasure was all mine Craig, as I told you I was amazed and flabbergasted at the range and quantity of the coins you sent me.

On receiving it I immediately picked out the two pound coin and decided to use that as the thank you pendant. Trouble has been that with all the other things I haven't been able to do much turning to do it earlier.

Peter.

springwater
3rd June 2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks Peter, I'm looking forward to seeing it, it's great getting pressies in the mail. Please don't worry too much about it not getting done earlier as it is an unexpected surprise. Anyway I reckon you're going amazingly well with what your doing, all considering and I'm thinking it may have a lot to do with those Netherland genes you've got.

I must say when we worked out the professional paupers and beggars from the real ones we carefully gave some of those a little help. I understand the augument against doing so but those that were obviously destitute, mentally ill and living on the street deserve more than nothing. The memory still lingers of one young person, sitting swaying, obviously schizophrenic, outside the Gare du Nord station in Paris, who really knows the circumstances that affected her so adversely?