PDA

View Full Version : True to his word.

seanz
4th June 2013, 12:55 PM
I wanted a screw for my #140 skew block plane, the cap screw from a #78 can be used as a substitute.
Vann says he has one such screw and will send it down in a matchbox.
There was a big thump on the front porch this morning.......took me a while to unwrap everything.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd164/seanz_2007/002_zpsbde2d557.jpg (http://s225.photobucket.com/user/seanz_2007/media/002_zpsbde2d557.jpg.html)

Took a while to find the matchbox but it was in there, very impressed by the adjustable toe.......good start for something......really, really happy with that shoulder plane body, haven't seen one like that before.
The screw for the #140 works a treat and I can now easily adjust the plane.......other screw had a significant bend in it.....though it might need to be shortened a bit, maybe later.

Vann, you really know how to cheer up a bloke living in an earthquake damaged house in Winter, I feel warm all over. :D

Thank you.
:2tsup:

pmcgee
4th June 2013, 02:50 PM
Brilliant ! Top Bloke! Good job!

Now tell the story about all the other stuff. :U

We all like 'Thump' on the front doorstep ... unless it's a hoon losing control of his Kawasaki.

Cheers,
Paul

Vann
4th June 2013, 08:51 PM
Vann, you really know how to cheer up a bloke living in an earthquake damaged house in Winter, I feel warm all over. :D That's the heat from the other moulding plane body, burning in your fire :o:U. Sorry about the borer, but I thought you could decide whether its worth saving.

The adjustable toe came with another item in an auction. Initially I was stoked, but realistically I'll never get around to using it, so I hope you can put it to good use.

Anyway, Seanz has picked up (and posted to me), three or four "pick-up only" auctions around Christchurch, so I owe him - big time.

I'm pleased I made his day.

Cheers, Vann.

PS Hey Seanz, save me those stamps! My sister collects them.

Vann
4th June 2013, 09:00 PM
Now tell the story about all the other stuff. :U Okay.

The Record #735 grooving attachment belongs with a #735 Seanz bought off me over a year ago :B.

And the woodies are because Seanz prefers woodies. These are woodies that have come my way over a last few years (don't tell him, but there's another one or two here I couldn't fit in that box). Me, I'm more an iron plane person, so I'm only too happy to pass them on to someone who'll appreciate them.

Cheers, Vann.

seanz
4th June 2013, 10:29 PM
PS Hey Seanz, save me those stamps! My sister collects them.

Ha! That'll teach me not to check my emails before I go to bed. Kitchen recycle bucket (all nice and clean) rummaged in, stamps saved....though one of them is the worse for wear.
:)