PDA

View Full Version : rod racks

kaza
10th May 2005, 07:22 PM
I would like to make some fishing rod racks that can hold 20 odd fishing rods but have no plans:(

I have a puk of wot i wont them to look like but dont know how to upload it:o :confused:

STEPHEN MILLER
10th May 2005, 07:47 PM
Kaza go to www.whitworths.com.au and go to fishing accessories on home page and then to rod holders there is a teak set on the 3rd page you could copy iit n ply etc and make them as big as you like

Rookie
11th May 2005, 07:23 PM
Those look nice. Presumably they go on a wall with the rods horizontal. They're okay if you have th e reels off the rod. Then you can built a reel rack next to it. ;)

If you leave your reels on the rods, look in your local tackle shop at the type that have the base with one back piece and one sloping piece to take different width rods stacked vertically. The top rack would be all "hooks" as in the teak ones. No problem leaving reels on the rods then, but I prefer not to. Each to his own.

kaza
12th May 2005, 07:27 PM
i would rather thay look like this
http://www.daiwa.com/tackle/accessories/rod.rack/

i need planes with 3 viwes and a cuting list

Daddles
12th May 2005, 10:56 PM
Two points Kaz. Firstly, that aint a boat fitting and hence it's in the wrong part of the forum. Grrrrrrr. Read the headers. :mad:

Besides that, you don't need cutting lists surely. Make it up as you go along. What have you got in the shed? If you're a scruff like me, it doesn't matter too much - buy pine and a tin of varnish. But if you've got that piece of timber you scrounged off the old lounge, that off cut of plank that you swiped from Knackers when he built those shelves ... Have a look in your shed and go from there. Hell, it's only a rod rack. You can only get it wrong if you have more holes at the top than you do at the bottom, and even that you can explain with a cunningly prepared excuse.

Cheers
Richard