PDA

View Full Version : Turning GTG.

RETIRED
7th June 2013, 08:44 PM
My Sunday teaching learners at Hunter Valley was cancelled due to lack of numbers (they are kicking themselves now) so we (Paul-Wood Nut) and myself decided we would have a forum GTG at Pauls place.

The weather was bleak (to remind me of Melbourne they said) to say the least but a few hardy souls ventured out.

Thanks to Paul for putting it on, NC Archer, Lou, Pommyphil and Gordon for brightening an absolutely dismal day.

And here's the pics to prove it.:D

From Wood Nut, Moi, Lou, a very cold Pommyphil and NC Archer. Gordon took the photo.

Yum.

dai sensei
7th June 2013, 09:33 PM
:2tsup:

A Duke
7th June 2013, 11:35 PM
There is always an excuse for the weather like that state to the north that's beautiful one day better the next, well every time I've been there its been miserable, and the excuse, "you brought the Canberra weather with you."
Regards

maņana
8th June 2013, 08:12 AM
, Pommyphil beside you there isn't cold. He just has an aversion to taking his hands out of his pockets.

Mobyturns
8th June 2013, 08:35 AM
There is always an excuse for the weather like that state to the north that's beautiful one day better the next, well every time I've been there its been miserable, and the excuse, "you brought the Canberra weather with you."
Regards

Its just all in the mind :B

Bruce White
8th June 2013, 11:21 AM
if they don't want you feel free to drop over to sunny Bruce Rock. I would benefit from dipping into your well of wisdom and we sure could use the rain!

NCArcher
8th June 2013, 07:36 PM
Who's the idiot in a T shirt, you know what they say " No sense, no feeli......................Oh. Never mind. :doh:

Thanks Paul and . Had a great day. Had a good sticky beak in Pauls shed too. :U
Oh and thankyou to Margaret as well. Excellent feed as usual. :)

nz_carver
8th June 2013, 07:49 PM
Did anyone apart from me have to look twice at the first pic?
and Tony look sort of the same:q

NCArcher
8th June 2013, 07:53 PM
Both incredibly good looking... I think you're right Dave :p

RETIRED
8th June 2013, 08:34 PM
if they don't want you feel free to drop over to sunny Bruce Rock. I would benefit from dipping into your well of wisdom and we sure could use the rain!You never know where I will crop up.:wink:

Wood Nut
10th June 2013, 08:05 AM
It was a pleasure to have you all here. Great to meet Pommyphil and Manana at last, even though they only live up the road a bit.

Spending several days with is like buying the best woodturning books and DVD's but at a fraction of the price (you have to factor in the cost of tea and shares in a sugar refinery). Incredible knowledge and I had a great time. also gave plenty of instruction to one of our club's newest members and made his day. Thanks for that , and I hope to catch up with you in Sydney if you come up.

After seeing the CBN wheel in action I hope Jim brings plenty of them to Sydney. I just have enough space in the workshop to fit in another grinder, I think:?

For those who haven't seen demonstrate you have missed a fantastic experience. Our club members were thoroughly entertained and enjoyed hearing from someone with so much experience.

Cheers,
Paul

RETIRED
10th June 2013, 09:34 PM
The pleasure was all mine.

I again thank you and Margaret for your hospitality.

Good to put some faces to names.

Dorno
27th June 2013, 06:04 PM
To and wood nut (Paul) as you both know i have been in sunny Bali for the past 3 weeks and left the day after the Demo so i didn't get much of a chance to say thank Paul for all your work in organizing the demo and for doing the demo i had a great day and was disappointed I couldn't make the GTG on the sunday.

I learn't heaps thanks but still would have liked to have seen you make a pen :D:D

Thanks again

Cheers Ian

RETIRED
27th June 2013, 06:10 PM
Pink pigs circling yet?:D

Christos
27th June 2013, 06:27 PM
Pink pigs circling yet?:D

Something that I have noted is to never underestimate the power of a demo. What could be done is to ask as part of his demo to making a pen. :q

RETIRED
27th June 2013, 06:39 PM
Something that I have noted is to never underestimate the power of a demo. What could be done is to ask as part of his demo to making a pen. :qMy pride comes at a huge price. It would cost them dearly Christos. :wink:

Christos
27th June 2013, 06:45 PM
My pride comes at a huge price. It would cost them dearly Christos. :wink:

Also very hard to send the hat round the internet. :rolleyes: