PDA

View Full Version : my new green machine

fubar
11th June 2013, 04:15 PM
Just picked this up today
It came with 2 adjustable tool rests, rear sanding disc with adjustable table and mitre guide, sliding perspex safety cover, high speed turning tools which include: 5 Robert Sorby spindle & bowl gouges, 3 Henry Taylor diamic spindle & bowl gouges, 5 specialized shaping tools, wood fast copy turn, attachment for copying from a template, Its a titan chuck with 3 sets of multistar compact chuck jaws for turning bowls, Ezy lap diamond sharpening stone & measuring gauge and 2 blocks of Huon pine for turning bowls.
Also a turning project manual signed by author Richard Raffin & a Robert Sorby tool manual.
This lathe and all associated equipment were purchased new by the owner for his retirement and never used. It came direct from the importer (who was closing down) so was unbranded
the sorbys and henry taylors look unused

In comparison to my TL1000 theres not much noise and no vibration and the variable speed change is very smooth
There was a slight build up of rust where the banjo and rest had sat so some RP7 and 800 grit soon sorted that out then some silverglide and the rest moves beautifully.
Now I have to shift out the old to make way for the new.

artme
11th June 2013, 04:35 PM
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

dogcatcher
11th June 2013, 05:02 PM
Nice set up.

Big A
12th June 2013, 04:06 PM
Looks good. Hope it came at the right price.

Waddya mean "so was unbranded"? It is quite clear on the plate that it is a "Heavy Duty". Very good make that.:U

"A".

fubar
12th June 2013, 10:51 PM
so far I have seen it branded as a leda and hare & forbes
Still havent used it in anger yet

SNAFU11
13th June 2013, 06:28 AM
That's a great pick up there mate...good stuff...

Mick!!!