PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Compass NEW ONE-TIME Tool

Gwhat
13th June 2013, 02:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_hKkGFQXlCQ

This full-featured tool is not much bigger than a cigarette lighter but it is fast, accurate and stores easily where a traditional compass won't.

The Pocket Compass features a built-in ruler to speed set-up and even has a self-contained stainless steel pivot point. These features and the tool's innovative design make it simple to draw precise arcs and circles from one inch up to 165mm (6-1/2”) in diameter.

The main body of the Pocket Compass consists of two telescoping, precision-machined aluminum parts: one with a pivot hole and engraved inch and metric scales, the other with pencil holes. Simply telescope the parts until the alignment mark matches the desired diameter, tighten the knob and you're ready to go. With the pivot pin on your center mark, drop any sharp wooden or mechanical pencil or scribe into the first tapered hole to draw your circle. Want a circle two or three inches bigger? No problem. Move the pencil to the hole marked “+2” 50.8mm or “+3” 76.2mm.

Like all ONE-TIME Tools these are made to order with orders closing July 1st and with delivery September / October 2013 Order yours HERE (http://woodworksupplies.com.au/prod1149.htm)

Regards

Grahame

Scott
13th June 2013, 07:47 PM
I fail to understand why you're selling this for $94.50. Is your cost on this THAT high? I can order it from the U.S. for $49.99. I know your a forum sponsor but that doesn't excuse the exorbitant mark-up. That's nearly 47% above U.S. prices :o

chemfish
13th June 2013, 08:40 PM
Neat like all woodpecker stuff but expensive for what it is, think I will keep to a piece of string and a nail :) As for US -> Aus.... 90% markup seems within the normal range of 50-100%

Scott
15th June 2013, 11:43 AM
As for US -> Aus.... 90% markup seems within the normal range of 50-100%

Really?

FenceFurniture
15th June 2013, 11:57 AM
Neat like all woodpecker stuff but expensive for what it is, think I will keep to a piece of string and a nail :) As for US -> Aus.... 90% markup seems within the normal range of 50-100%
You're comparing the retail prices. Retailers usually purchase at wholesale prices.

Mr Brush
15th June 2013, 02:33 PM
I had a quick look to see if it did anything else....but its just a compass ! :oo: I think I'll stick with my $15 deluxe compass set that saw me though high school, and yet still manages to draw circles perfectly well. I must be incredibly skilled though, as according to the Woodpeckers blurb these conventional compasses can be really tricky to operate....:rolleyes:

Talk about making something complex just for the sake of it. Seems to me that Woodpeckers really have run out of ideas recently.

I won't comment on the local pricing.....