PDA

View Full Version : help

noideaatall
16th June 2013, 11:49 AM
Hello All. The wife purchased a lathe for my birthday and it has been a long time since i did any wood turning. Im looking for a club near me that i could join to learn the basics again. I live in essendon, any suggestions???

Scott
16th June 2013, 09:10 PM
Hi noideaatall,

Try out the Northern Woodturners, we're open Tuesday night, 6pm to 9pm and Wednesday 9am to midday. Lots of lathes, plenty of people to help you. I'll be there Tuesday night if you'd like to ask for me and I'll introduce you and show you around :D

The address:
Kingsbury Scout Hall
Browning St,
Kingsbury.

Directions:
From Plenty Rd turn into Browning St at theBP service station. Travel about 80 metres and turn left into the parkland beside the scouts' signeage. We are located in the hall on the right with graffiti on the outer walls.

Allan at Wallan
16th June 2013, 09:32 PM
Hi noideaatall,

Try out the Northern Woodturners, we're open Tuesday night, 6pm to 9pm and Wednesday 9am to midday. Lots of lathes, plenty of people to help you. I'll be there Tuesday night if you'd like to ask for me and I'll introduce you and show you around :D

The address:
Kingsbury Scout Hall
Browning St,
Kingsbury.

Directions:
From Plenty Rd turn into Browning St at theBP service station. Travel about 80 metres and turn left into the parkland beside the scouts' signeage. We are located in the hall on the right with graffiti on the outer walls.

Sorry to make a correction Scott but the hours are Tuesday 7pm to 10pm
with tidy up from 9.30pm and on Wednesday it is 8am to 12noon and
tidy up from about 11.30am.

Will talk with you shortly and explain the need for the correction.

Allan

nz_carver
16th June 2013, 09:43 PM
If your after a bit of one on one help and don't mind a drive I'd get hold of he's one of the admin team on here and with about 30yrs in front of a lathe he knows his stuff.