PDA

View Full Version : Q-Turn 2013 over

dai sensei
16th June 2013, 07:46 PM
Well just got back from Q-Turn held at Lake Moogerah. Everyone had a great time, but as usual, it was all over far too quickly. Only 35 lathes, ~40 people(?), but room for another ~15 lathes, so hopefully better attended next year.

It was a new location for the event, moving from Somerset Dam. The camp was not as good as Somerset but fine by me. The shed was better IMHO, as we were all on the same level, but the toilets were a walk though.

I was too busy to take many photos, but took a photomontage of floor with lathes, plus the display tables of some of the things made. Also a shot of my "spider", my entry into making something from the mystery project from a small block of timber everyone got (PNG Rosewood), with a red glitter spot on its back :U. Sorry for quality, phone doesn't work well in low light :-, hopefully someone else with a better camera will post better pics

Cheers

gawdelpus
16th June 2013, 09:03 PM
As Neil said, a new location this year ,bunkhouse style accommodation ,and a bit of a hike to the the amenities, Food was plentiful and Tasty , plenty of w/shop room for the lathes and bit and pieces ,always good to see what others are doing , and to pass on and receive helpful advice about different projects :). Here.s some of my pics from today ,Neil covered it pretty well with his shots ,I might have some different angles, mostly the finished craft work ,some done over the weekend and others just brought along to demo the owners skills. All in all a worthwhile weekend for any keen "woodies" :) cheers ~ John
The picture loader keeps crashing, will try and edit this to include pics, The peacocks were on the roof of a shed at back of the main w/shop area :)

A Duke
16th June 2013, 10:17 PM
:2tsup:
Thanks for posting.
Regards

coffenup
18th June 2013, 09:44 PM
thanks for the photos for all of us that could not attend:2tsup:
regards Michael