PDA

View Full Version : My Handcrafted Fishing Lures

SNAFU11
20th June 2013, 03:40 PM
I joined the Forum because i am interested in wood turning and wood work in general and am learning wood turning at my Local Men's Shed that i joined and in the process of buying my first wood lathe but also i make wooden fishing lures which are catching fish so that's the main thing is that they work....just thought i would put a couple of pics of what i make and next time i get to making some more i'll put up WIP pics for you guys...i see a couple of members on here are also lure makers from a Lure Forum i am on also...Leave the overpriced plastic lures in the tackle shop and buy "Aussie Handcrafted Wooden Fishing Lures" :;.. No 1 pic is a combination of lures that i make which have caught bass/flatthead/bream...No2 and 3 pics are made out of acrylic.Dorno who is a member here and a member of the Men's Shed i am in and is a pen turner, got some acrylic pen blanks from Ian and thought i'd have a go at making a lure out of it..it came up nice....4th 5th and 6th pics is of the 3 size lures that i make and i made these out of Camphor Laurel and made the bibs out of the Camphor as well..i make these as display sets,Timbers that i use are mainly Red Cedar/Meranti/Silky Oak/Camphor Laurel/White Beach and always looking at exotic woods to make Nudes from...hope you guys like them....cheers Mick!!!

MAPLEMAN
22nd June 2013, 12:40 PM
:2tsup:..lovely stuff...MM :2tsup: