PDA

View Full Version : The Long Road Home - Dad's Old Cabinet Bench

mn pete
22nd June 2013, 07:04 PM
A few weeks ago I traveled back east for Memorial Day and to bring home some of my Dad's things from his old shop. His cabinet bench is a real treasure to me and its nice to have it here in my shop now.
Second Wind Workshop: The Long Road Home (http://secondwindworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-long-road-home.html)

What are your prized treasures that have been handed down from that special person who started you on the woodworking path?

floody_85
22nd June 2013, 11:07 PM
That was a really great read. Sounds like you shared some great times with your father.

spokeshave
23rd June 2013, 10:20 AM
Beautiful story.

My father was not a woodworker (although he was a very 'hands-on' man, being a farmer in his early days) but was handed down some hand tools from my grandfather, and these i proudly use and have on show on my wall.

These include some chisels, a bit & brace, a wooden mallet, planes and hand saws among various other tools. They too are a bit roughed up through many years of use but the condition is of no consequence, its the sentimental value that is important and imeasurable.

I hope to pass these on to my son wether he shows an interest in woodworking or not.

Steven