PDA

View Full Version : Table Lamp Fitting

Jonell
4th July 2013, 06:27 PM
I am looking for the brass "nipple" that is used in attaching the Light Fitting to a turned Table Lamp, can anyone point me in the right direction.
I have tried Haymans Electrical and Bunnings to no avail, I live in a regional area in Qld.
with thanks
Jonell

toni
4th July 2013, 07:28 PM
I found them in Ikea in Italy should be there too.

AJ
4th July 2013, 08:21 PM
I think you will find that you can only purchase nylon nipples these days for safety reasons. You might also try "The Restoration Station" in Ashgrove, Brisbane as Jim sells a lot of the old traditional lights.

Dalboy
4th July 2013, 08:27 PM
I know this is here in England but is this what you are after https://www.turners-retreat.co.uk/products/project-kits-and-accessories/project-accessories/electric-light/project-kits-and-accessories/electric-light/1-2-back-plate

powderpost
4th July 2013, 08:49 PM
I am looking for the brass "nipple" that is used in attaching the Light Fitting to a turned Table Lamp, can anyone point me in the right direction.
I have tried Haymans Electrical and Bunnings to no avail, I live in a regional area in Qld.
with thanks
Jonell
Many years ago I solved that problem using hard drawn copper tube. The thread was cut using a 1/2" brass thread die. But then I was making a lot of lamps.
Jim

China
5th July 2013, 12:22 AM
I use them all the time and have just run out, my previous supplier is no more I have contacted a new supplier who may have local stock as soon as they get back to me I will post the results

Punchy
5th July 2013, 10:39 AM
Hi

I got them recently from Andrews Light Up store, at Logan after much ringing around. They have a few stores around Brisbane, not sure about elsewhere.

You need to ask for Lamp Nipple, Part # SKU 28180. They come in lengths of 255x10mm and were $2.50 each.

Hopes this helps.

Punchy

turnerted
5th July 2013, 05:22 PM
I buy them from Woodturning Supplies, a Brisbane based mailorder supplier. The're called a 1/2" lamp holder nipple .$2 each.Ted

China
13th July 2013, 02:18 AM
Jonell, is this what you are looking for Brass Lampholder Wood Nipple | City Electrical Factors (http://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/products/63177-brass-lampholder-wood-nipple)

If so how many do you want, I found out a price but they are sourcing from the UK and the freight was rediculous, I am going to attempt find someone is SA who will make them, so obviously the more I order the better the price will be.

Jonell
18th July 2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks China
I'm in regional Qld so I'll try Turnerteds supplier in Brisbane.