PDA

View Full Version : How the blazers?

artful bodger
4th July 2013, 07:47 PM
The missus came home with a tube of some sort of hand cream. Gladwrapped to the tube was one of these hand massagers (see pic).
The ball in the centre spins freely and is contained, so the piece is obviously made from 4 separate units and glued together.
Overall the finish is pretty good, no sanding marks etc. In fact it's a pretty cool little item.
What I found interesting was that if you didn't want to buy the hand cream you could buy the massager separately for.........
THREE DOLLARS!.
How the blazers do you make one of these so that it can retail for $3 ?.275610

RETIRED
4th July 2013, 08:25 PM
Speak Mandarin.

chuck1
4th July 2013, 08:33 PM
out sourcing! is my bet!

Scott
4th July 2013, 08:43 PM
Speak Mandarin.

Beat me to it. I was going to expand a little further by saying 'Chinese automation'.

A Duke
4th July 2013, 10:56 PM
Speak Mandarin.
Or Hindustani, Pakistani or kan nie ver staan nie.
Regards

Mobyturns
5th July 2013, 11:53 AM
Speak Mandarin.

Even weekend hacks like us compete in a global economy. At least the AUD$ is down to 92c so maybe we have a better chance now? :;

btw looks like 3 pieces, centre ball, a ring & a collar.

Sturdee
5th July 2013, 12:29 PM
kan nie ver staan nie.

Kan wel ver staan maar ik kan het beter verstaan als het goed Nederlands is. :U

Peter.

artful bodger
5th July 2013, 01:46 PM
Even weekend hacks like us compete in a global economy. At least the AUD$ is down to 92c so maybe we have a better chance now? :;

looks like 3 pieces, centre ball, a ring & a collar.

Where ever they were made " Sweatshop" was the word that sprung to mind here.
Just checked and they are definately 4 piece. How would you turn a ball inside captive collar?

pommyphil
5th July 2013, 04:17 PM
Dry ball Green wood for the collar, cut from small limbs concentric mounted so they shrink evenly.

:? maybe Phil