PDA

View Full Version : Triton Router table needs a new home.

Glenrob
10th July 2013, 07:15 PM
As some of you who have followed my posting on the Incra thread know, I am in the process of buying an Incra 17" LS Metric Positioner and as such when it's all up and running, will no longer need my trusty Triton Router Table/bench.
Today I visited my local Mens' Shed to see if they would like it as well as my stash of old wood working magazines, but they declined my offer. I was a bit disappointed that such a worthy and needy association as they wouldn't want something like this for free, but that was their choice and decision.
I suppose I could put it up for sale on Ebay and make a few quid from it, but I'd rather give it away to someone who I know would appreciate and use it, and to this end I've decided that someone from this Forum where I've found so many kindred spirits and like minded people, might like to take it off my hands and put it back to use.
Anyone interested?

Bob

WoodTherapy
10th July 2013, 10:31 PM
Hi Bob,
I've been on the hunt for a Triton router table for a fair while and this weekend I'm actually heading up to Sydney to pick one up that I've already signed up for! :doh:

But since I've mentioned my hunt for the router table and other Triton gear to a growing group of woodies here in Canberra, a few of them have mentioned that there's definitely interest among others here.

I don't really know the condition of the router table I'm picking up, so I'd definitely be happy to put my hand up for yours in case there are any issues with it. More importantly, if my pick-up from Sydney appears to be fine and I would have no use for yours myself, I'd still be happy to help it get to a good home. There are a few men's sheds around here that I've been meaning to look at (and I could use that as an excuse to come bearing potential gifts!) and there's also a triton owners club that I might be able to help you get it to a good home.

If none of that brings any appropriate interest, I'm pretty sure there are still two or three of my mates getting into woodworking who have a triton router and/or stand/workcentre, but no table, who would certainly appreciate the added functionality it brings.

If you're happy either for me to take it (if my Sydney plan doesn't work out for some reason) or to nonetheless do the legwork to ensure it finds a loving home, then I'd be much obliged.

I'll PM you my contact details in a sec...

Glenrob
11th July 2013, 01:30 PM
Brett,

Thanks for your reply and PM. Whatever the result of your trip to Sydney on the weekend, you're more than welcome to drop in any time at all, with or without your family. I'm always happy to have visitors and have someone to chat to especially those who share a similar interest.
As for the router table, I'll be letting it go once I have my new Incra system up and running. Also, if the Incra LS positioner works out as well as its demo videos show, then I may also be letting my Gifkins dovetail and boxtail jigs go too.
I'll PM you my phone number too so you can let me know what and when you want to do.

Cheers,
Bob

NevilleT
17th July 2013, 05:26 PM
Hi Bob

Did Brett take the table? I have a Triton Mk3 workcentre and have been having a long discussion on another forum http://www.woodworkforums.com/f153/triton-router-attachment-173661/ about the router table. Appears I cannot use the router plate on the saw table with my model so if your router table is still available, would be pleased to use it.

Neville

jw2170
18th July 2013, 10:25 AM
As some of you who have followed my posting on the Incra thread know, I am in the process of buying an Incra 17" LS Metric Positioner and as such when it's all up and running, will no longer need my trusty Triton Router Table/bench.
Today I visited my local Mens' Shed to see if they would like it as well as my stash of old wood working magazines, but they declined my offer. I was a bit disappointed that such a worthy and needy association as they wouldn't want something like this for free, but that was their choice and decision.
I suppose I could put it up for sale on Ebay and make a few quid from it, but I'd rather give it away to someone who I know would appreciate and use it, and to this end I've decided that someone from this Forum where I've found so many kindred spirits and like minded people, might like to take it off my hands and put it back to use.
Anyone interested?

Bob

Hi Bob, is the table still available?

NevilleT
18th July 2013, 02:53 PM
If the offer is still open, would be pleased to take it. Where are you located?

Glenrob
12th August 2013, 07:48 PM
Hi Bob

Did Brett take the table? I have a Triton Mk3 workcentre and have been having a long discussion on another forum http://www.woodworkforums.com/f153/triton-router-attachment-173661/ about the router table. Appears I cannot use the router plate on the saw table with my model so if your router table is still available, would be pleased to use it.

Neville

Hi Neville,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this particular thread, but I've had a few issues happening lately in the vacuum I call a brain.
Nothing has changed regarding the status of either router tables.....new or old. The only thing of any significance to mention is that the website from which I initially ordered my Incra positioner had apparently cancelled my order and failed to tell me about it!!
You should have seen the email I sent them when I discovered this "minor" setback.:o
The response I received to THEIR blunder and the lengths they went to placate me after this incident?............sorry,:no:
Anyhow at least I WILL let it be known when my old table becomes available, but until then you might be able to follow my progress on building my 2 new router tables in the Router Forum page.

Hang in there,
Bob

Glenrob
13th August 2013, 05:18 PM
Hi Guys,
I was taking a few pics today (mainly inside my shed) and I thought I'd take one of the Triton router table just to show that it really does exist.

Cheers,
Bob

steve r
13th August 2013, 05:50 PM
Nice indeed, would you like me to collect it now :) lol

Sent via electronic carrier pigeon :)

WoodTherapy
18th August 2013, 11:23 AM
Hi Bob,
I sent a PM asking how the LS Positioner was working out and to let you know that (if the LS was all that you'd hoped for and you were still happy to part with the router table) I was still keen to come pick it up - sorry about that for anyone else who's also interested :wink:

I just noticed (haven't logged on for a while) that you mentioned it hasn't been delivered! :o I must have misread one of your earlier posts somewhere - I thought you'd already received it and started playing with it. Wow, that certainly does suck! I really hope it arrives soon for you - it must be like parents telling kids on Christmas morning that it's been delayed for a week!

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for messages about the progress. Hopefully I'll be able to visit soon - after my man-flu recedes :) - I'm hoping that some attempts at saving up for a Laguna like yours will be helped and not hindered by Mr Taxman.

Cheers,
Brett