PDA

View Full Version : Wood lathe with 2.5 m deck and brook 6.6 a 1 phase motor.. What is is worth ?

Jesspet
13th July 2013, 07:12 PM
Hi guys,

I have inherited a wood turning lathe, with a 2.5 m capacity, a heap of bosses and tools, and a single phase Brook motor. I think it is worth a few bob, but have no idea how to sell it or what it may be worth. I am thinking of donating it to charity ?

Any suggestions as to how I can go about selling it ? If it is not worth much, I am happy to give it away but I have a feeling it would be a great buy for someone.

Thanks for the help.

DaveTTC
13th July 2013, 08:11 PM
I have a lathe addiction .... will probably lead to divorce lol

Would love to see a pic. Is it a commercial lathe or home made.

I'm collecting old woodworking machinery for a working museum. My focal machine is the lathe.

Old lathes I have picked up from $25, some go for $3000. I have about 11 lathes, most were under $100, the most expensive was $500

chucky
14th July 2013, 12:13 PM
this must surely be up your alley, that's if you have room for it.lol

cava
14th July 2013, 12:29 PM
Hi guys,

I have inherited a wood turning lathe, with a 2.5 m capacity, a heap of bosses and tools, and a single phase Brook motor. I think it is worth a few bob, but have no idea how to sell it or what it may be worth. I am thinking of donating it to charity ?

Any suggestions as to how I can go about selling it ? If it is not worth much, I am happy to give it away but I have a feeling it would be a great buy for someone.

Thanks for the help.
Pictures always help.

Jesspet
14th July 2013, 08:36 PM
Pics attached