PDA

View Full Version : Donation to 2013 AAW EOG.

Mobyturns
18th July 2013, 07:31 AM
Each year at their symposium the American Association of Woodturners host an auction to raise funds for their Educational Opportunities Grant program. The funds are used to promote woodturning to "To expand and share woodturning resources, the Board has established a fund from which grants are awarded to individuals (adults and youths), chapters, and other woodturning-related associations. The grants will cover expenses such as tuition, registration, demonstrators' fees, etc." Some of those funds have benefitted Australian and NZ turners through grants used to bring demonstrators to Aust & NZ events.

277371277372277373 Last image copyright AAW

Some fellow turners in the USA encouraged me to donate some of my work to the auction. The auction bid exceeded the reserve price set by the AAW and whilst bidding is well down on the heady figures of previous years these acheived a relatively good sum on the night.I was very pleased with the outcome but most surprised to see them on the AAW home page in a post card format image of work seen at the Tampa symposium.

brendan stemp
18th July 2013, 08:12 AM
Great stuff Mobyturns. Congratulations and well do on your generosity.

orificiam
18th July 2013, 02:00 PM
Well Done, and well deserved Congratulation.:2tsup:

Cheers Tony.:)

artme
18th July 2013, 06:06 PM
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

TTIT
18th July 2013, 09:54 PM
Well done Geoff :2tsup::2tsup: Recognition from the masters :cool:

NeilS
19th July 2013, 07:42 PM