PDA

View Full Version : Quilted Queensland Maple

hughie
28th July 2013, 08:12 PM
A gift from 'Old Croc' in FNQ it was a fine piece with great quilting, took a while to figure out the best shape and not lose too much of the quilting. Finished in gloss WOP and buffed back to lose some of the gloss. 8 x 3.5" or 20cm x 8cm

Allan at Wallan
28th July 2013, 08:17 PM
What a beauty!

Absolutely love it - well done.

Allan

FenceFurniture
28th July 2013, 08:22 PM
Tremendous Neil, really well done. :2tsup:

After reading the thread title, for the first nano-second of the thumbnail I thought the grooves were the result of the quilting!

smiife
28th July 2013, 08:42 PM
hi hughie,
very nice mate,and what a ''gift''
you have done a great job on that one
well done
cheers smiife:2tsup:

Mr Brush
28th July 2013, 08:48 PM
Stunning job - excellent use of spectacular timber :2tsup:

TTIT
28th July 2013, 09:41 PM
Very pretty timber, elegantly shaped :2tsup::2tsup:

artme
28th July 2013, 09:47 PM
Another couple of these Hughie and you will be getting pretty good at them!!:rolleyes:

Beautiful!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

powderpost
28th July 2013, 09:49 PM
Excellent Hughie.
Jim

Cliff Rogers
28th July 2013, 09:50 PM
He should have just given you a plain old bit if all you were going to do was put all those spirals in it. :D

Old Croc
29th July 2013, 12:01 AM
Good to see you are still alive, have not seen any posts from you or Wheeling for a while. You did it justice Hughie. SHMBO was giving me hand to restack some big timber in one of the containers to make room for new arrivals and we found about 3 Tonnes of the stuff, that I did not remember I had, so when I get back from the US, I will be doing some turning, so some more may be coming your way.
rgds,
Crocy.

hughie
30th July 2013, 09:21 AM
Good to see you are still alive, have not seen any posts from you or Wheeling for a while. You did it justice Hughie. SHMBO was giving me hand to restack some big timber in one of the containers to make room for new arrivals and we found about 3 Tonnes of the stuff, that I did not remember I had, so when I get back from the US, I will be doing some turning, so some more may be coming your way.
rgds,
Crocy.

Crocy it was a great piece and it finished way better than I thought. Well anytime you have some to spare or are a looking for a trade in hard burls jts let me know I'm up for it.

Kidbee
30th July 2013, 07:33 PM
As good as it gets.

Mobyturns
30th July 2013, 10:57 PM
The gift from a purveyor of fine timber has been used very well Hughie. Looks excellent. Not to my taste but excellent work all the same.