PDA

View Full Version : Vale Bill Rudd

WOODY70
6th August 2013, 01:11 PM
It is with the greatest sadness that tell all in the woodturning world of the passing of Bill Rudd.
Bill touch the hearts of many many people, not only in the woodturning community but also in the youth movement, Jondaryn wool shed and most of all mine.

All that attended Turnfest would remember Bill. He was the one running around bare foot getting all the gear in place and helping out the demonstrators and anyone that would need assistance.

He would do anything to help people and pass on the love of woodturning by demonstrating to people at shows, markets and anywhere he can make a mark.

My right hand man, I for one will miss him greatly. He was the greatest mate I ever had and ever will have.

Will miss you mate!!
David Drescher
Turnfest / South east Qld Woodworking Supplies

Jim Carroll
6th August 2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks David, very sad to hear of the passing of Bill.

He will be missed by all who met him.

dai sensei
6th August 2013, 03:02 PM
:o He will definitely be missed. That cheery joker was well known amongst many of us turners. I know you especially will miss him given the true relationship you two had.

Was he ill, or did he have an accident?

WOODbTURNER
6th August 2013, 03:58 PM
Sad news David. Regards to Bill's family and friends especially you from all of us Darwin mob. Will be a big loss to you and Turnfest. R.I.P. Bill.

Jeff

smiife
6th August 2013, 08:18 PM
hi david
very sad news david,sorry to hear that,
he will be sadly missed
cheers smiife

powderpost
6th August 2013, 09:01 PM
Sad news indeed Dave, the loss of a true friend is always difficult.
Jim

Mobyturns
6th August 2013, 10:15 PM
David,

Very sad news mate. Bill's infectious character will be sorely missed and his "lady with a baby" will ring in our ears eternally.

All my best to Natalie, Barry and to Bill's family through this tough time.

Kind regards
Geoff W.

WOODY70
6th August 2013, 10:54 PM
Thank you for the kind words guys.
Bill unfortunately was dealt a cruel blow with Melanoma cancer.
His lasting words are get checked because it's a hideous disease.

His funeral is on Friday the 9th of August at 12-30 at St Katherine's 388 Newnham Rd Wishart.
Please fee free to attend.

Cliff Rogers
6th August 2013, 11:00 PM
Bugger.

I was down there & just flew home today, I won't be back until Sunday.