PDA

View Full Version : Bible box

vk4
8th August 2013, 09:44 PM
Hi All,

I have been busy for the last few months and we are getting ready for some caravan adventures.

However I have been asked to make a Bible Box for an Army unit, I have attached a few Pic's of the box,

I still have to finish the interior, but i think it looks ok.

Timber is New Guinea Rose Wood with a Beech center piece, for contrast.

Jeff
vk4280302280301280303280304280305

vk4
16th August 2013, 08:10 PM
well the mate loves the Box, but I have to adust the lining , as too much padding in the ends, well this is my first effort at this sort of thing , so it is a bit of suck & see.

Jeff

crowie
16th August 2013, 08:46 PM
G'Day Jeff,
I could have swain I'd written a reply to your Bible Box thread???
I'm certain I did about how good your box making skills are and about the timber selection.
I mentioned about my Army Chaplin friend who has just recently taken up a posting in Darwin.
He was an Everyman for something like 15yrs even doing a tour of duty with the Australia Army on Peace Keeping in Timor;
funny part of the story he started his military career in the RAN as a cook......
Anyways, your box is great, well done.
Cheers, crowie

vk4
20th August 2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks Crowie, yes I thought you had posted , and I had posted a reply, seems that the forum is editing out some posts , as same thing happened to me in the Boat Repair " threads.

Well I had to modify the box lining , the bible was actually 56mm thick not 50 mm as I had been told , so I had to remove the lid lining to close the lid.

I have removed the lining , now the lid closes, .

but it all looks good now,

A Duke
20th August 2013, 07:42 PM
This is the PYROGRAPHY Forum, may be it was posted in the BOX MAKING area as well, and the posts are there.
Regards

Ps Yes http://www.woodworkforums.com/f87/bible-box-174863/ it's there.