PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Mulgabill

Scott
9th August 2013, 10:22 AM
I received a visit from Russell (Mulgabill) yesterday after he bought my lathe (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f221/nova-1624-44-lathe-174458/). I think we were so immersed in conversation that we almost forgot the legs to the lathe and Russell missed my ingenious method of hiding the spare pulley belt. That, in itself, could of led to a minor disaster.

So, after swapping some conversation and some lovely blanks Russell left with his lathe. Not only did I walk away with some lovely She Oak, Blackwood and Mullberry blanks, I walked away with what I hope is a great friendship from a great bloke.

Thanks Russell :2tsup:

Mulgabill
9th August 2013, 11:12 AM
Thanks Scott for your kind words.:B Let me also thank you for the couple of blanks I received in exchange. The lathe is almost together, but interrupted this morning with domestic duties (school run and supermarket shopping). Hopefully I will spend more time in the shed tomorrow finishing the setup.
It was a pleasure finally meeting you Scott, and hopefully we catch up again in the near future.:2tsup:

rsser
9th August 2013, 02:53 PM
I appreciate hearing about this kind of story.

These encounters are what the turning forum has been very good at enabling.

Christos
9th August 2013, 08:18 PM
This is inspiration stuff.

Mobyturns
9th August 2013, 09:55 PM
Great story. Yes sometimes its a leap of faith, purchasing over the internet or through the WWF sight unseen, but in your case its brought you together. So far I have been rewarded for my trust in others so its great to hear other woodies reaping the benefits from site like the WWF.

wheelinround
10th August 2013, 03:21 PM
Great story two blokes and not one camera between them :q

:photo2:

Mulgabill
10th August 2013, 03:27 PM
Great story two blokes and not one camera between them :q

It was a private meeting of like souls:D:D

wheelinround
10th August 2013, 03:34 PM
It was a private meeting of like souls:D:D

LOL misspelled last word :;

Mind you I won't mention I just had Bowl basher and his lovely wife here this morning and I didn't take photos either but some were taken.:roll: