PDA

View Full Version : Sharpening turning tools

delbs
17th August 2013, 10:46 AM
Hi all wetstone grinder owners

Just wanted to get an understanding of tormek turning accessories with scheppach wetstone grinders. I have a scheppach tiger 2500 and am really happy with it. Wanted to know if anyone has purchased tormek accessories for their non tormek grinder and if they are

1. Superior build quality compared to scheppach turner jigs? In terms of better steel used and functionality (getting tools square in jig)

2. Price justified (found it ranging from $320-410)

3. Fully compatible? Any modifications needed to get it to work with scheppach the gouge leather honing wheel axel diameter springs to mind

4. Angle setting jig? I find the scheppach one a pain when also trying keep the tool square in clamp

Thanks for any info you guys may have on this. Really happy with the scheppach so far and seems like it will make it even better sharpening system for my turning tools.

Cheers

RETIRED
17th August 2013, 01:46 PM
If you like and can wait a fortnight, I will bring the Tormek jigs up to Canberra with me and we can have a play at your place, then you can judge for yourself.

Have you signed up for a stint on the Forum stand yet?

delbs
17th August 2013, 06:05 PM
Sounds good i believe u might be meeting up with Evan while your here too so im sure we could organise something small.

No I'm not available unfortunately as my wife's about to pop around that time so not sure I'll even be able to make the show :( next year for sure

Mobyturns
17th August 2013, 06:25 PM
No experience with the Sheppach, but I do use the Tormek jigs on a std grinder with the Tormek BGM 100 mount with no issues. Also swap the Tormek & Heligrind jigs across both the Tormek & Heligrind mounts.

Sharpening Woodturning Tools on Bench Grinders (http://www.tormek.com/en/accessories/bgm100/)