PDA

View Full Version : New Member Greating

amgsir
21st May 2005, 09:44 AM
Hello All,

I have been watching this BB for a couple of months now and been throughly enjoying it (both the useful insights and the humour!!).

As such joined up and have made a couple of posts and thought that I should be polite and introduce myself.

I am new to woodworking and have taken it up as part of my "mid-life-crisis" as it fulfills my need to create things that may potentially outlast me (yes- very sad)!!! :p

Goal is to eventually make things of beauty that my two girls will cherish when they reach maturity. Also provides an excellent excuse to go into the garage to play and escape the house full of females (wife, 2 girls, 2 dogs and 2 goldfish - all bl**dy female). Oh yes, mustn't forget fact that the tools are cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I must apologise as I am a kiwi and most of the members appear to live in West Island :D That said go the Crusaders and I hope The Waratahs beat the Bulls tonight so that we can beat The Waratahs next week.

So in closing Greatings

NewLou
21st May 2005, 09:57 AM
Welcome

BwarrrrrrrrrrHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.ubeaut.biz/chainsaw.gif

......................Join the Dark Side

seriph1
21st May 2005, 12:09 PM
g'day mate and welcome - creating heirloom pieces is a most satisfying passtime..... let us know what types of things you would like to build - I am sure there would be a bunch of characters on the forum who would be only too happy to help out

have fun

Gumby
21st May 2005, 12:23 PM
Hello All,

I have been watching this BB for a couple of months now and been throughly enjoying it (both the useful insights and the humour!!).

So, another lurker has be prized from his hiding place and joined the ranks of the evil and deranged.

Kia ora.

:D :D

(one of my favorite places on the planet is NZ......where abouts are you ?)

Ashore
21st May 2005, 02:12 PM
Ah!!! The seventh State
if pro crusaders are from christchurch I use to go to Littleton a bit
and how true about the shed when all the family is female

They call it PMS because "mad cow disease" was already taken.

amgsir
21st May 2005, 08:09 PM
I]Ashore Ah!!! The seventh State
if pro crusaders are from christchurch I use to go to Littleton a bit
and how true about the shed when all the family is female[/I]]

Hello Ashore, no not from Christchurch (though have visited and love the place), I am from the Waikato.

Gumby - (one of my favorite places on the planet is NZ......where abouts are you ?)

Hi Gumby, I am from Hamilton in the Waikato. Our place is just by the river surrounded by farm land. Beautiful spot.

Gidday seriph1 - am currently nearing the end of my first project which is a dining room table, bit off more than I could chew however seems to be coming together well, will post a pic over next 3-4 days when finished - I'm up to the spraying of finish. Once I finish that thought I might use the blackwook offcuts to make a jewellery box from one of my girls - what do you think?

Hello NewLou, thanks for the welcome, like the chainsaw!!

bitingmidge
21st May 2005, 08:27 PM
I must apologise as I am a kiwi

Well that's a bloody good start I must say (although it does cast some doubt as to whether you really are)!!!

I'm impressed enough with those eight words to give you your first greenie!

Cheers,

P
:D :D :D

amgsir
21st May 2005, 11:37 PM
Bitingmidge,

Thanks for the greenie. Hope its a good thing, as over here they are a pain in the a*se policitical party made up of dope smoking vegins!!!!!!!!!!!!

(heres hoping you are not a dope smoking vegin?)

ozwinner
22nd May 2005, 06:58 PM
Bitingmidge,

Thanks for the greenie. Hope its a good thing, as over here they are a pain in the a*se policitical party made up of dope smoking vegins!!!!!!!!!!!!

(heres hoping you are not a dope smoking vegin?)
I dont think he smokes, but I think he might be the dope!! :D

Al :eek:

Cliff Rogers
23rd May 2005, 12:30 AM
A Waikato wildcat. G'day.

There's (or was) a good chocolate factory in Hamilton, the owners have a sister/sister-in-law here in Cairns.
I had breakfast (not quiet but it was early) there one morning.

Spent a weekend at Waitomo (sp?)

amgsir
23rd May 2005, 10:02 AM
Hi Cliff,

Im guessing the chocolate factory is Donovans which is in town or Candyland which is based about 15k north of town.

Spelling to Waitomo spot on.

Cheers

Cliff Rogers
23rd May 2005, 11:12 AM
Can't remember the name, it was 8 years ago now, they were on the Southside of town in a light industrial / commercial part of town.

We went black water rafting at Waitomo, had a ball.

Tonyz
23rd May 2005, 05:30 PM
he is still only from the island, whereas I was bred up on the mainland (christchurch) then came to the funny island 28 years ago. Aussie all the way except for Rugby Union the then kiwi spirit rises its proud head. welcome aboard. Tonto

meerkat
23rd May 2005, 06:23 PM
G'day,

you really started behind the 8 ball. Being a kiwi isn't so bad but being in a house with that many females .... no wonder you're getting into woodwork :eek:

Anyway making the heirlooms is why I've got into it as well so from one newbie to another ... let's have some fun :D

Andrew

amgsir
23rd May 2005, 07:05 PM
Hi Tonto,

No doubt you will enjoy this weekend when the Crusaders put the Waratahs to the sword!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear about the mainland thing but take comfort from the fact that everyone has a bad childhood story to tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Hello Meercat (Andrew),

This board is very good value and for us newbies you will learn alot. What are you planning to make?

amgsir
23rd May 2005, 07:14 PM
Hi Ozwinner,

Your name seems to be an oxymoron?

Cliff Rogers
23rd May 2005, 09:16 PM
Hi Ozwinner,

Bludy Kiwis..... they talk funny & they can't type either... even when they are copying...

It's Ozy not Oxy. Dah! :D

ozwinner
24th May 2005, 07:04 PM
Hi Ozwinner,

How so??

Al :confused:

bitingmidge
24th May 2005, 07:47 PM
How so??

oh OH!!

Al, you need to lay more bricks... there's this perception in Kiwiland that "Oz" and "Winner" are not two words that go hand in hand, but then they are the ones drinking out of the saucers, (Cause we've pretty much got all the Cups), so I would let it go to the keeper.

Pretty much like their batsmen really.... except for the "snick".

(He did apologise up front remember):D :D :D

P

ozwinner
24th May 2005, 08:14 PM
oh OH!!

Al, you need to lay more bricks... there's this perception in Kiwiland that "Oz" and "Winner" are not two words that go hand in hand, but then they are the ones drinking out of the saucers, (Cause we've pretty much got all the Cups), so I would let it go to the keeper.

Pretty much like their batsmen really.... except for the "snick".

(He did apologise up front remember):D :D :D

P
Ahhha, this is a sport thing I take it??
I dont do sport, so I didnt know..