PDA

View Full Version : I don't normally

Dalboy
23rd August 2013, 03:36 AM
Thought I would sneak out of the toy section again just to give me a break from my car WIP.

I don't normally do arty but I thought that I would give it a go. Kept the subject matter simple.

Made from ash and oak, the ash is spirit stained purple on the front only and highlighted using gold guilt cream. The finial is a piece of corian.

C & C most welcome

The first picture is nearest to actual colour

hughie
23rd August 2013, 09:16 AM
Not bad, not bad at all for a toy maker :D I reckon you should pursue this one to see where it leads you. :2tsup:

Drillit
23rd August 2013, 10:03 AM
I like it. Good work. Drillit.

tea lady
23rd August 2013, 11:54 AM
The plain stick of corian is perhaps a LITTLE phallic. But still an interesting piece. Maybe do something slightly more interesting with the stick. :hmm: Pant hieroglyphs on it? :think: Engraved? :shrug:

Dalboy
24th August 2013, 01:41 AM
Thank you all for the comments.

Not bad, not bad at all for a toy maker :D I reckon you should pursue this one to see where it leads you. :2tsup:

I have an idea for another but not just yet as I am back on the car.

The plain stick of corian is perhaps a LITTLE phallic. But still an interesting piece. Maybe do something slightly more interesting with the stick. :hmm: Pant hieroglyphs on it? :think: Engraved? :shrug:

With my eyes engrave on it:roflmao2:The height of it is only 5 1/2" tall. Mind you it would look good:;

Some one from another forum suggested using it as a trophy for horse shoe throwing game in America never thought of that myself but can certainly see what he meant.

The form itself is an abstract form of the mouth of a lily flower