PDA

View Full Version : Buying ubeaut in Canberra?

Evanism
24th August 2013, 12:03 PM
Is there anywhere I can buy ubeaut products in Canberra?

Just called out at Fitches and they are closed. Carbatec doesn't exist. This whole town is going down the gurgler.

There 12 bowls, 3 platters and a cup to finish off.......was hoping to restock on EEE, shellawax and a shizzhot wax stick or 3.

I could order online, but I may as well wait until the CWWWS....doesn't help me out today though (and it's a week away!)

Ev

nz_carver
24th August 2013, 12:25 PM
I'd say Neil may be at the wood show next weekend? It's allways cheaper to re stock at the show as Neil has show spichels

RETIRED
24th August 2013, 12:40 PM
As far as I am aware they are the only 2 distributors in Canberra.

You may need to phone a friend.:D

Sorry I can't help you more Evan.

Neil and Pauline won't be at the show but Jim Carroll will have a range of Ubeaut products on hand.

Evanism
24th August 2013, 01:04 PM
Yes, Canberra is a bit small. I'd bet the number of woodworkers, let alone turners here, could be counted on a few hands.

I should start a franchise.... :D

Jim Carroll
24th August 2013, 02:11 PM
As indicated we will have the range of U Beaut products on display next weekend.

chucky
24th August 2013, 02:33 PM
Go to the wood show. Carroll's will have U BEAUT PRODUCTS on show amongst a large range of other products for wood turners.

delbs
24th August 2013, 03:03 PM
I just ordered then cancelled it from cws as Jim just said he'll have stock so ill just wait till then.

Does trav have any he can part with Ev?

Evanism
25th August 2013, 12:16 AM
I'll drop him a line. Good thinking. Going to see him Tuesday for a coffee anyway.

It was just one of the damned things. I was up at 6am, ripping into it. Finished the mallet, a cup and a bowl. Went to my shelf of stuff and god-dammit, only had minwax, organoil, Danish and a few others. I forgot I finished the ubeauts.

10am, undeterred, jumped in the car, drove to fyshwick, but no dice. It really gives me the ##### when that happens.

It really makes me ....frustrated.

corbs
25th August 2013, 09:43 AM
I'm pretty sure Fitches have just gone on holidays and aren't actually closing down.

Sir Stinkalot
25th August 2013, 10:20 AM
Yes, Canberra is a bit small. I'd bet the number of woodworkers, let alone turners here, could be counted on a few hands.

I should start a franchise.... :D

You at least have a working with wood show :)

Trav
26th August 2013, 12:09 AM
I've got eee and trad wax here, but not the other stuff.

Happy to share.

Trav

delbs
16th November 2013, 10:36 PM
Anyone been out to fitches recently? Do they still stock u beaut products? In particular shellac flakes? Last time I was out there they did but that was a bit over 6 months ago and I've heard rumours since then that they are shutting down and selling up. Hmm I should try get over that side of town sometime soon

andyd
17th November 2013, 08:21 AM
I was there last week. Did not look for Ubeat products, but shop was still full of stock and they were putting more stock out whilst I was there. There was no indication that they were closing down.

Andy d

delbs
17th November 2013, 11:24 AM
Good stuff, yeah its usually upstairs on a small shelf out of the way. Bit easy to miss it if not looking for it. Cheers for the update. Glad they are still there doing well