PDA

View Full Version : Separating and re-joining Loc Line type coolant hoses

th62
24th August 2013, 02:01 PM
For the non believers: 87 seconds to separate and re-join two coolant hoses. In the video the first was a used paramount hose, the second was a cheapie from China. The cheapie can be rejoined without the use of a heatgun, but more effort is required. The plastic assumes it original size after cooling - providing you don't heat the socket too much or melt the plastic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7slo8guLgME

th62
24th August 2013, 02:03 PM
I put it on youtube and posted a link here because, for some reason, the uploader won't load videos?

Ueee
24th August 2013, 02:08 PM
It takes me about 10 sec with the pliers. I change my nozzles around all the time depending on what I am milling. Getting the pliers the right way round often takes up the most time.

Cheers,
Ew

Brobdingnagian
24th August 2013, 02:21 PM
I'm a little less proficient, at about 20 seconds with the loc line pilers.

-J

th62
24th August 2013, 02:29 PM
So that's around $12 (not including freight) to save a bit over a minute. wish someone paid me at that rate.

Cheers
th62

Ueee
24th August 2013, 02:55 PM
I change mine nearly every time I use the mill.
If you want to get that picky what about the power for the hot air gun.....:D

Ew

th62
24th August 2013, 03:28 PM
I thought you were getting picky actually, Ew. We can go at this all day if you like, Matthew G asked me how to separate and re-join them, I answered his question; you disagreed, so I posted a video to show how simple it was. I also thought it might be of interest to others. It's obviously of no interest to you, so why bother to read it? Perhaps you could lodge a complaint with the moderator, I'm sure he'd be happy to remove any post you think unworthy of inclusion in this forum.

Cheers
th

Ueee
24th August 2013, 03:48 PM
I was just pointing out there is another way, is that such a bad thing? The :D in my above post is there as it is a joke, just as I had assumed your hourly rate comment was. Of course its good to share ideas, and I'm not having a go at you for doing it the way you do it.

Cheers,
Ew

RayG
24th August 2013, 03:49 PM
I put it on youtube and posted a link here because, for some reason, the uploader won't load videos?

Was that using the video uploader tab? ( the one at the top of the forum screen )

On the Loc-Line question, I'm confused, what was the problem with using the pliers?

Regards
Ray

PS... There's a video uploading tutorial here... http://www.woodworkforums.com/f36/video-library-how-use-175220/

Brobdingnagian
24th August 2013, 03:55 PM
Th,
I have some new genuine locline here and to me it looks like it pulls apart and pushes together by hand even easier than your used paramount hose but I really had to put in some effort to change a nozzle over by hand, the pilers seems to be the much easier way to me especially if you were changing configurations often. How hard is it to do when fitted to a machine?

-Josh

th62
24th August 2013, 04:40 PM
I don't have any problem changing it on or off the machine, maybe it's got something to do with thumb strength, I am a little ham fisted. I've never changed the nozzle though, I have two of varying lengths mounted on my lathe and one on a mag base, that takes care of most exigencies. When I do need to add or subtract a section, I generally separate it from the base, add or take a bit out and then push it back together. The cheapy Loc line I have is very sticky and difficult to make minute adjustments with. On the plus side I can make it very long without it flopping around, minor bumps don't move it and it doesn't leak.