PDA

View Full Version : You'll probably never see me on a local street.

Original Bart
22nd May 2005, 01:10 PM
But here is a picture of my dressed in my normal shop hat.

bitingmidge
22nd May 2005, 01:19 PM
Thanks for posting the pic, I usually go to the other side of the street if I see anything like that coming towards me!!

Just curious Bart,

Don't you blokes have roofs on your shops? We usually work inside so we don't need to wear anything on our heads.

Of course outside we wear hats with bloody big brims on them (or WoodWorkForums Caps when we want to be knobs :D).

Cheers,

P
:D :D :D

Iain
22nd May 2005, 02:51 PM
How's abouta gooda Italiano Stetson????

NewLou
22nd May 2005, 02:54 PM
...........Ouch! Harsh Melon!!!!

http://www.ubeaut.biz/idea.gif

I think you need a shave m8 your a bit rough round the edges!!!!!!

REgards Lou

Ashore
22nd May 2005, 03:03 PM
But here is a picture of my dressed in my normal shop hat.What sort of shop Vinnies perhaps

A picture is worth a thousand words, & so it should be it uses up a thousand times the memory.
In this case I hope it's short term memory

Iain
22nd May 2005, 03:06 PM
I think he's cute http://gprime.net/board/images/smilies/roflmao.gif

ryanarcher
22nd May 2005, 03:27 PM
Welcome Bart! I might see ya on a local street :cool:

Rocker
22nd May 2005, 05:44 PM

Don't you blokes have roofs on your shops? We usually work inside so we don't need to wear anything on our heads.

Midge,

You have to admit the Yanks are improving gradually; in 1950s films you never saw one who wasn't wearing a Trilby indoors. Nowadays, they have begun to realize that the rest of the world considers it uncouth. However, you must make some allowances for woodworkers in the northern parts of the States - for four months of the year the temperature in their shops is liable to be below freezing point.

Rocker

DanP
22nd May 2005, 10:41 PM
Is that you Chewbacca? :p

Original Bart
23rd May 2005, 03:45 AM
There a lot of times in fact most of the time I don't wear a hat I usually take it off because I get to hot with it on unless I'm outside & its cool to cold.

How ever if I am out on a shopping trip to the lumber yard or a hardware store & have a hat on it stays on.

I am the head usher for our church & it really bugs my when a young man comes into the building & doesn't take his hat off (mostly baseball caps). Usually as soon as I can without creating a scene I try to explain what proper manners are to the young man.

Zed
23rd May 2005, 09:45 AM
if you wore a hard hat, you could hit him with it...

CanFly
25th May 2005, 03:56 PM
Don't you know it's illegal to hit someone with a hard hat when in church?