PDA

View Full Version : My students' Major Projects

CAG
30th August 2013, 01:15 AM
Here's some photos of my Year 12's Major Projects for this year's HSC. Enjoy.

whitewood
30th August 2013, 08:42 AM
If your that good now it's hard to imagine just how much better your work will be once youv'e completed an apprenticeship. Don't waste the talent.

Whitewood

Gra
30th August 2013, 09:37 AM
Love the skateboard coffee tables. They would sell at markets, you just need to find a good source of used skateboards :)

Chesand
30th August 2013, 09:59 AM
Great projects. Well done.

CAG
30th August 2013, 11:51 PM
Hi Whitewood,

Did you mean the kids doing an apprenticeship or me as a teacher? :hahaha:

kamusur
2nd September 2013, 07:38 AM
Great work there teach, now to get them started on those guitars.

Steve

CAG
2nd September 2013, 08:49 PM
I had a mountain dulcimer and an acoustic guitar being proposed but both boys left school before construction started.

Rod Gilbert
1st October 2013, 08:34 AM
A great selection of work there. You should have a great feeling of satisfaction to know that you have helped to inspire the next generation of wood workers.
Regards Rod.

CAG
1st October 2013, 09:25 PM
Thanks Rod.

Many hours, many grey hairs and many frayed nerves in that lot! I'm always proud of my students when they put in the hard work and see it come to fruition each August. Some students overreach in their expectations of what can realistically be done but I truly believe that any of them can make anything they set their mind to SO LONG AS THEY ARE WILLING TO PUT THE HOURS IN: :aro-l: take note future Yr12 students.

Yeah; I used capitals

:saythat:

Craig

P.S. note that the two piece 8'x 6' bar in the first photo was unfinished at the time of submission; the tops weren't attached nor were the pieces stained and lacquered.
A massive undertaking but it will be a wonderful piece of furniture when completed.

Stewie D
21st November 2013, 09:22 PM
They have done very well on their projects and I think a pat on the back for the teacher is in order as well to get them to this stage.
My daughter started high school this year and as part of the orientation day for us parents we had a walk through the woodwork and metal shop dept.
I was very impressed by both the equipment they had to work with and the projects on display that the senior students were working on towards their HSC. Some of them were truly wonderful not only for their uniqueness but also the quality of the work involved.
I liked the fact that most of the kids in my daughters year were able to draw their projects in 2D with all the dimensions noted and in 3D using Cobalt which they were then able to print out.
Next year the school hopes to buy a decent 3D printer.
I would have loved to have access to all this when I was at high school.

Stewie

anhnguyensusu
13th June 2016, 08:10 PM
that's a good idea :D

JJF
18th June 2016, 06:35 AM
nice work

crowie
18th June 2016, 09:51 AM
Very nice to see that the manual arts are still alive and doing very well Craig....
Thank you for the photos along with all your extra time & effort to assist in making the results so good, cheers, Peter

Robson Valley
8th August 2016, 06:21 AM
". . . . put in the hours. . " Probably the hardest thing to teach and the hardest thing to learn. I see the success.