PDA

View Full Version : minimum pitch for corrugated iron roof?

gurumon
22nd May 2005, 09:45 PM
Evening all,

I have been looking at replacing the roof on the lounge (it's already stuffed which makes me confident i can't do any worse :) ).... and extending it out as a deck at the same time.

my problem is.... all the web searching on minimum falls and pitches for corrugated iron roofing has left me more confused than when i started. ive seen "standards" from 180mm over 9metres up to a whopping 1metre fall over 9metres.

now it would be great if everyone could go out in the dark and measure their roof pitches for me :p but i dont think that's going to happen.

can anyone give me a rule of thumb for calculating the minimum fall of a corrugated iron roof?

Sir Stinkalot
22nd May 2005, 09:56 PM
Alll depends on the profile .... as little as 1°

Try checking bluescope steel website for the profile you want to use and it will give you the minimum pitch.

macca2
22nd May 2005, 09:56 PM
Have a look at stratco .com.au It will give you minimum falls for any iron roof.

macca

Sir Stinkalot
22nd May 2005, 10:01 PM
Or here (http://www.bluescopesteel.com.au/au/index.cfm/objectID.B0CBE189-FF78-11D3-89EC00C04FCF6B8F) ..... 5° or 1:12.

gurumon
22nd May 2005, 10:06 PM
or http://www.stratco.com.au/products/roofingwalling/corrugated.asp

thanks everyone - my web searching skills suck, mystery solved though - general consensus is 1:12 for traditional corrugated iron :D

Grunt
22nd May 2005, 10:07 PM
From an aesthetics point of view, I prefer a high pitch roof. If you are trying to sell a house in Brunswick with skillion roof on the back, you will get less money than one with a high pitch roof.

Barry_White
22nd May 2005, 11:22 PM
Minimum pitch for corrugated is 5 degrees. Trimdek profile goes down to 2 degrees and kliplock will go down to 1 degree.

gasp
22nd May 2005, 11:46 PM
For corrugated steel roofing where the rafter length can be covered with a single sheet the minimum slope is 1:11 for lapped sheets its 1:8

Barry_White
23rd May 2005, 12:10 AM
No one uses multiple sheets lengthways on roofs today unless it is over 21 metres which is the maximum length Lysaghts can carry on an extended semi-trailer.

When I worked for Lysaghts for 11 years it was, and still is 1 in 12 for corrugated.

ozwinner
23rd May 2005, 09:33 AM
If you are trying to sell a house in Brunswick with skillion roof on the back, you will get less money than one with a high pitch roof.
Just as well I dont have one to sell then??

Al :confused:

DJM
27th May 2005, 02:46 PM
From various manufacturer's technical specs:

LYSAGHT Trimdeck 2%
LYSAGHT Klip-Lok 1%
STRATCO Pro-Dek 1%
STRATCO Smartspan 2%
METROLL Metlock 1%
METROLL Trimclad 3%
LASERLITE 5%