PDA

View Full Version : Chisel and Blade Sharpener "Tectool"

rodm
23rd May 2005, 10:24 PM
I have never seen a commercial sharpener like this one.
I would post pictures but I think they are copywrite on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42277&item=4383714438&rd=1

The fact that it has a grinding wheel and what looks like a buffing wheel make it interesting. I wish I had seen this four weeks ago because it would have save me a lot of time experiementing with my disc sharpener. The tool holder looks to be well designed and the knob on the left could be a variable speed controller (?).
Does anyone know anything about these units?

slabber
18th August 2005, 08:49 PM
they are a good unit , have had one for years, sharpen plane blades and buzzer blades also 12 inch thicker blades . knob is a depth gauge to grind even along blade. grab one if you can , money well spent.

joseph84
18th August 2005, 10:23 PM
I can honestly tell you now they are no good! I have had one for years and twice it blew up on me! When you are sharpening say a chisel, the metal shavings go straight inside the casing and makes contact with the motor. After a while when the shavings get hot its KABOOM! I had to learn the hard way and beleive me its not pretty when it happens :(

Robert34
18th August 2005, 10:53 PM
I have never seen a commercial sharpener like this one.
I would post pictures but I think they are copywrite on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42277&item=4383714438&rd=1

The fact that it has a grinding wheel and what looks like a buffing wheel make it interesting. I wish I had seen this four weeks ago because it would have save me a lot of time experiementing with my disc sharpener. The tool holder looks to be well designed and the knob on the left could be a variable speed controller (?).
Does anyone know anything about these units?

I have one of these it is a Sherline Tectool model #CS120 T2. I bought it about 10 years ago, and have hardly used it.

It does have a white grind stone on the left and stropping wheel on the right.

Would anyone would like to make an offer.

BTW I am in Knox.

Robert34

joseph84
18th August 2005, 11:06 PM
How much are you roughly after and PM me a photo if you can :)

rodm
18th August 2005, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the replies. A bit late for me anyway as the auction was back in May.

russell1968
21st September 2007, 03:18 PM
I have one of these it is a Sherline Tectool model #CS120 T2. I bought it about 10 years ago, and have hardly used it.

It does have a white grind stone on the left and stropping wheel on the right.

Would anyone would like to make an offer.

BTW I am in Knox.

Robert34

Robert if you still have the sharpener i may be interested in it. would you be able to email me if you are interested in selling it (address removed by moderator to avoid member being spammed)

Cheers
Russell

Groggy
21st September 2007, 04:42 PM
The posts are over two years old, it's not likely to still be on offer.

rick
21st December 2007, 07:56 PM
Robert if you still have the sharpener i may be interested in it. would you be able to email me if you are interested in selling it

Cheers
Russell
if russell didnt buy sharpener i will email (address removed by moderator to avoid member being spammed)

Groggy
21st December 2007, 09:39 PM
I think I better close this thread :rolleyes: