PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical Woodwork

DSEL74
11th September 2013, 12:31 PM
How the hell they figured out how to incorporate all these hidden mechanisms is mind boggling!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/MKikHxKeodA?rel=0

Handyjack
11th September 2013, 07:12 PM
The password for Woodworking Forums is in a draw. The problem is I've forgotten which draw and how to open them all.
:o

Hermit
11th September 2013, 07:49 PM
Wow. That's really something.
The amount of work that must have gone into it is mind-boggling.

elanjacobs
11th September 2013, 10:36 PM
Holy crap

mn pete
12th September 2013, 03:32 PM
uh...wow! That is amazing.

Sebastiaan56
14th September 2013, 07:56 AM
I was going to make a box this weekend, was...

DSEL74
14th September 2013, 10:02 AM
I'd like to post a challenge to the members to design say a machinists tool chest or similar which is mechanical like this and share the design. Mods maybe you can make a competition out of it. Plans and proof of concept must be submitted.

RicB
19th September 2013, 04:24 PM
I did some digging around on this item. It was made by Abraham Roentgen around 1793, there is some speculation that it was commissioned by Royalty, but in fact it was an entry in the "die Palette Herausforderung" (The pallet challenge) for the Neuwied Holzarbeiten Verein. (Neuwied Woodwork Club). Unfortunately it only received second place. First place was a really nice ukulele.:p

Wongo
19th September 2013, 04:47 PM
But where is the fridge? :D

DSEL74
19th September 2013, 07:21 PM
I did some digging around on this item. It was made byAbraham Roentgen around 1793, there is some speculation that it was commissioned by Royalty, but in fact it was an entry in the "die Palette Herausforderung" (The pallet challenge) for the Neuwied Holzarbeiten Verein. (Neuwied Woodwork Club). Unfortunately it only received second place. First place was a really nice ukulele.:p

Don't suppose you found the plans for it in your research :;