PDA

View Full Version : I support the Eagles!

ryanarcher
24th May 2005, 03:56 PM
The West Coast Eagles have gained yet another overzealous (and psycho by the looks of the picture :eek: ) fan. I'd like to shoot out a HUGE thank you to Col (Driver) for the awesome hat! I can't wait for someone to ask me who the Eagles are so i can tell them "Aussie Rules of course!" :D:D Seriously, aussie rules football is bad to the core! GO EAGLES!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/ryanarcher/100_2710.jpg

craigb
24th May 2005, 04:01 PM
Geez, you're in trouble. Somebody was going to send you their Magpies cap :eek: :D

Actually I just checked, it was the tpyo kign. :p

ryanarcher
24th May 2005, 04:06 PM
Geez, you're in trouble. Somebody was going to send you their Magpies cap

ummm.....i'll support them too..on the even days ;)

here's the non psycho picture :p
-Ryan

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/ryanarcher/100_2708.jpg

silentC
24th May 2005, 04:07 PM
And with a mug like that, you'll fit in real well if you go to a game :D ;)

Gumby
24th May 2005, 04:17 PM
You're lucky I've already sent your cap and stubby holder.....otherwise!!! :D

Anyway, until the *real* cap arrives, that one's handy for storing nails in, rubbing enamel paint off the floor, a second toilet for those occassions you just can't find one and it's OK as a cover for your planer or power saw. The more dust that gets on it, the better it looks.

By the way, check www.afl.com.au The Mighty Pies towelled them up on Sunday !! :D :D :D :D :D
You will believe.
Go Pies ;) :) :) :)

Ashore
24th May 2005, 04:53 PM
Aussi rules the kick and giggle game
You should get the Rugby League state of origin game played tomorrow night broadcast in the states if you get the chance watch a real game

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Wongo
24th May 2005, 04:56 PM
:D :D :D

Dan
24th May 2005, 05:29 PM
OK, we've seen the cap, now get out of the way so we can check out your tools. :D

MathewA
24th May 2005, 06:45 PM
Only problem with that picture is theres no XXXX in yer hand.

DanP
24th May 2005, 07:58 PM
XXXX - What's that? A swear word?

Hey Ryan. Loser. :p

CARNA PIES
Dan ;)

DanP
24th May 2005, 08:00 PM
Always knew I liked you Gumby. Now I just gotta cure you of the orangitis and you'll be a star.

Ashore
24th May 2005, 08:12 PM
XXXX - What's that? A swear word?

No they just can't spell BEER in queensland

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

DanP
24th May 2005, 08:56 PM
Aussi rules the kick and giggle game

Thats coz we've got the skills to kick the ball properly. The giggling is the real footy players giggling at the throwball blokes thinking they play a skilled sport. :p

Hey, Ryan. You can support anyone you like, but in Aus you 'barrack' for your team and you definately don't root for any team. :eek:

Dan

RETIRED
24th May 2005, 09:35 PM
You lot can think it but don't put it here! :D

Wayne Davy
24th May 2005, 09:51 PM
No they just can't spell BEER in queensland
Actually, it used to be how to spell beer in qld but now it is how to spell it in Kiwi (Lion Nathan owns XXXX) ;)

( - yes I thunk it but i didnt put it hehe)

Driver
24th May 2005, 09:53 PM
Ryan

Glad you like the hat, mate! As one West Coaster to another:

GO THE MIGHTY EAGLES!!!!

As for last weekend's result, I still reckon that was Woosha's subtle way of letting Mick know that he's forgiven him for not letting him play in his last home game at Subi when the Smiling Assassin retired. :D

Col

Incidentally, Ryan - some serious tool in the background to those happy snaps, mate!

Gumby
24th May 2005, 09:56 PM
Always knew I liked you Gumby. Now I just gotta cure you of the orangitis and you'll be a star.

You gotta keep up Dan. It's on the market and I bought a Leda TS12 HK :D

Wayne Davy
24th May 2005, 09:56 PM
As for last weekend's result, I still reckon that was Woosha's subtle way of letting Mick know that he's forgiven him for not letting him play in his last home game at Subi when the Smiling Assassin retired. :D
Can any of you Mexican's interpret that please :D :D :D

Also, when are you going to play a real game (duck)

Wayne Davy
24th May 2005, 09:59 PM
OH, Ryan, you look good mate!

Nice toy collection btw.

Gumby
24th May 2005, 10:03 PM
Can any of you Mexican's interpret that please :D :D :D

Also, when are you going to play a real game (duck)

It's easy. Mick coached Woosha and the Eagles when he went from the Doggies and crossed several borders and headed West. Woosha was a backman who became captain and ultimately retired. He wasn't given the opportuntity of playing at Subi and instead, played his last game in front of hostile opposition interstate. He was generally known as the smiling assassin due to his cheesey grin. He would run straight through a brick wall if it was between him and the ball. Woosha now coaches the Eagles who played Mick's Pies and got stomped on at The 'G' on Saturday. The win was made easier when Juddy was out suspended but the Pies were also without Bucks, Pebbles and Josh, just to name a few.

Has that cleared it up for ya ??

:D

After all that it must be said......Why can't Fraser bounce the ball :rolleyes:

Driver
24th May 2005, 10:39 PM
It's easy. Mick coached Woosha and the Eagles when he went from the Doggies and crossed several borders and headed West. Woosha was a backman who became captain and ultimately retired. He wasn't given the opportuntity of playing at Subi and instead, played his last game in front of hostile opposition in interstate. He was generally known as the smiling assassin due to his cheesey grin. He would run straight through a brick wall if it was between him and the ball. Woosha now coaches the Eagles who played Mick's Pies and got stomped on at The 'G' on Saturday. The win was made easier when Juddy was out suspended but the Pies were also without Bucks, Pebbles and Josh, just to name a few.

Has that cleared it up for ya ??

:D

After all that it must be said......Why can't Fraser bounce the ball :rolleyes:

Absolutely crystal-clear and lucidly articulate explanation, Gumby. So it's obviously not entirely true - what they say about Collingwood supporters -after all.

ryanarcher
25th May 2005, 01:44 PM
Hey Ryan. Loser. :p

Nah, that's just when i put on the coppers cap :p :D . BTW, What do cops and firefighters have in common? they both want to be firefighters. :p :D :p :D

;)
-Ryan

Waldo
26th May 2005, 08:29 PM
G'day,

OK let's set the record the straight.

There are only two teams to support, the Broncos and when it's the State of Origin - Queensland. :D

Go the moorons! (why it's spelt like that has always eluded me)

DanP
26th May 2005, 10:23 PM
Nah, that's just when i put on the coppers cap :p :D .

Careful, I haven't posted it yet. :eek:

silentC
27th May 2005, 08:58 AM
Go the moorons! (why it's spelt like that has always eluded me)
Because they didn't know how to spell Morons :p

MajorPanic
28th May 2005, 09:57 PM
Ryan........... :o

Very, very, very disappointed!!!!! http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon13.gif

I thought with your class & style you would support the BRISBANE LIONS http://www.majorpanic.com/images/woodwork/BB/lions.jpg!!!!

You have been hoodwinked by those western interlopers!! (they have NO class & style & are 2 hours behind the rest of us! ;))

Driver
28th May 2005, 10:07 PM
Major

Don't take it so hard, mate! The Eagles are loaded with class and style! They can also play football, as their last two journeys to the 'Gabba have clearly demonstrated.

(If you doubt me - have a look at the AFL ladder! :D :D :D :D :D )

Col

MajorPanic
28th May 2005, 10:42 PM
Major

Don't take it so hard, mate! The Eagles are loaded with class and style! They can also play football, as their last two journeys to the 'Gabba have clearly demonstrated.

(If you doubt me - have a look at the AFL ladder! :D :D :D :D :D )

Col Poor, poor Driver,

The superior teams HAVE to encourage the underlings, Brisbane has chosen to let them win at the Gabba every so often!
Playing the Lions @ the Gabba is still the hardest away game in the competition as noted by leading SOUTHERN & WESTERN commentators! ;)
Have a look at the # of flags won! :D :D :D :D :D

flea1607
28th May 2005, 10:50 PM
Have a look at the # of flags won! :D :D :D :D :D

Thems that think their the best are ALWAYS in for a might fall.:D :D:D

Grunt
28th May 2005, 11:21 PM
Yup, the Lions played so well tonight! How many losses at the Gabba in a row is that now?

ryanarcher
29th May 2005, 08:11 AM
You have been hoodwinked by those western interlopers!!

major,

You forget... I am a Western Interloper! in more ways than one :D

-Ryan

Five Thumbs
29th May 2005, 04:32 PM
My Dear Chaps

Aerial ping pong AKA Australian Rules and bottom sniffing AKA Rugby League can hardly be called football. At best they could be described as energetic and at worst, a tad boring.

APP players are either paid up members of Actors Equity or have understudied Lazarus. One has rarely seen such convincing portrayals of near death experiences as those when APP is played. However when awarded a free kick by the credulous umpire the players put Lazurus in the shade, recovering from early onset rigor mortis to perform vigorous, if mysterious, feats.

The BS's are, it would appear, just brutal thugs. The sloping foreheads, lack of a neck and the tell tale knuckles dragging on the ground make identification of this sub-species relatively easy.

Rugby Union players, on the other hand, can be recognised by their superior intelligence, athletic prowess, use of multi syllable words and courtly manner towards members of the fairer sex.

I remain

Your Obedient Servant

Sir Five Thumbs PSE (Rtd)

DanP
29th May 2005, 04:40 PM
:D X 1 gazillion.

RU the only sport in the world where raking someone with your boot stops is a preferred tactic. Very civilised :rolleyes:

Jack E
29th May 2005, 05:01 PM
Rugby Union players, on the other hand, can be recognised by their superior intelligence, athletic prowess, use of multi syllable words and courtly manner towards members of the fairer sex.

Spot on my good man! (except the forwards) :)

Rugby league = thugs trying to be gentlemen,
Rugby Union = gentlemen trying to be thugs.

It is stated in the laws of Rugby Union (yes laws, not rules) that if another player is laying on the ball he may be rucked off it, so sometimes playing by the rules is fun.

One thing I don't get is the all Australian side they talk about in aussie rules, who do they play :confused:

BTW, whilst in heaven you will be required to drink Crownies followed by Bundy whilst watching the Wallabies beat the all-blacks, better start preparing yourself :D

Jack.

sailingamerican
30th May 2005, 04:47 AM
You call that foot ball? Bunch of wimps running around in gay shorts trying to kick a ball and make a big deal of things when they score because it is rare.
Just kidding. My father inlaw explained the rules and it almost became fun to watch.

DanP
30th May 2005, 07:00 PM
Bunch of wimps running around

As opposed to the big tough blokes who play YOUR football with helmets and body armour. :rolleyes:

Gumby
30th May 2005, 07:17 PM
Yeah American 'football' (and i use th term loosely), otherwise known as Catch Me, ****** me.

Waldo
30th May 2005, 07:22 PM
G'day,

And they have two teams on each side, defence and offence - Yankee football must be run by unionists I reakon, go figure! Their guys aren't tough enough to play a full game, never been able to figure it out.

boban
30th May 2005, 07:46 PM
Not again,

You still haven't realised that none of the above games is football. Unless of course for rugby union the ball is another name for a player's head then football would be a good description.

Only one game I can think of where the feet are predominantly used. In fact its played and supported by more people than all the other games put together.

I think the correct names are rugby league, rugby union, australian rules? and grid iron. They just didn't think handball was a macho enough description, accurate but just doesn't sound right.....

Grunt
30th May 2005, 07:53 PM
Only one game I can think of where the feet are predominantly used.

It's Australian Rules Football. There are more kicks in Aussie rules than handballs.

boban
30th May 2005, 08:15 PM
It's Australian Rules Football. There are more kicks in Aussie rules than handballs.
Dont the hands see more action than the feet? catch, pass, ruck.

For every kick the hands are used at least how many times? In all the games they kick, its just that the predominant play is with the hands (there's the bait....):D

flea1607
30th May 2005, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE=sailingamerican] Bunch of wimps running around in gay shorts trying to kick a ball and make a big deal of things when they score because it is rare.
QUOTE]

Golly gee an American that does understand what the so called Australian Rules is all about. Well done.:p

boban
30th May 2005, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=sailingamerican] Bunch of wimps running around in gay shorts trying to kick a ball and make a big deal of things when they score because it is rare.
QUOTE]

Golly gee an American that does understand what the so called Australian Rules is all about. Well done.:p
Gee I thought he was only talking about Collingwood. You know, scoring being rare....

Im ready for you.....:D

Go the eagles, power, lions, swans and dare I say the bombers.

Grunt
30th May 2005, 08:26 PM
For every kick the hands are used at least how many times? In all the games they kick, its just that the predominant play is with the hands (there's the bait....)

Soccer uses the knees, head, chest and feet. It leaves the hands free for other things.

boban
30th May 2005, 08:35 PM
Soccer uses the knees, head, chest and feet. It leaves the hands free for other things.
Just what I was expecting, well done :D....and.....

that would be football youre talking about...... Soccer is slang for association football. Go anywhere outside North America and mini america and you'll find that they dont know what soccer is....

DanP
31st May 2005, 01:32 AM
Unless your name is Diego Maradonna. Then you can use your hands whenever you like.

ryanarcher
31st May 2005, 03:10 AM
Go the eagles, power, lions, swans and dare I say the bombers.

...and go AC Milan!

ryanarcher
3rd June 2005, 04:57 AM
I forsee a rivalry within the family! Thanks gumby for the awesome cap and stubby holder! You guys are awesome!
-Ryan

Gumby
3rd June 2005, 10:02 AM
Now at least one member of your family is showing some class ;)

Grunt
3rd June 2005, 12:42 PM
Yes and the other one is a Collingwood supporter.

Driver
3rd June 2005, 01:18 PM
Yes and the other one is a Collingwood supporter.

You beat me to it, Grunt! :D :D :D :D

AlexS
3rd June 2005, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the T-shirt Ryan, your parcel will be posted tomorrow - picked up what I was after today.

ryanarcher
4th June 2005, 02:53 AM
Thanks for the T-shirt Ryan, your parcel will be posted tomorrow - picked up what I was after today.

No problem my friend. to be honest, i'm honered to be associated with a woodworker of your caliber. have a good one!
-Ryan

journeyman Mick
4th June 2005, 01:36 PM
Ryan,
got my cap and shirt in the mail yesterday and I'm stoked! I also just got a Cairns Firefighters shirt and a Rural Fire Brigades cap dropped off to me which I'll post on Monday. We've got a training session on Tuesday night, and won't the other blokes be jealous when they see my Bellingham Fire Dept shirt and cap! :cool: Just a question about the logo, there's a hook, ladder, axe and helmet, but what's the thing in the middle?

Mick

ryanarcher
4th June 2005, 02:12 PM
Ryan,
Just a question about the logo, there's a hook, ladder, axe and helmet, but what's the thing in the middle?

Mick

I'm stoked that your stoked! :D :D It's a bugle. for some reason (in the us) rank is indicated by the amound of bugles one wears on his/her collar. for example, a captain has 2, batallion chief 3, asst. chief 4, and chief 5. to be honest, i've never asked about the significance of it. :o i'll have to look it up and get back to ya ;) .

you're family now! it's like the mob- you'll never get out! :eek: :D
-Ryan

Gingermick
4th June 2005, 02:29 PM
One thing I don't get is the all Australian side they talk about in aussie rules, who do they play :confused:
Maybe an All American grid iron team. Or an all Afghan goat polo team.