PDA

View Full Version : A Day Out In Tamworth

chambezio
22nd September 2013, 10:52 AM
This weekend the Tamworth Woodturners club is holding their annual Festival Of Wood.
They are a senior group of guys who do really good turnings of all sorts. There is a lot of stuff available for sale as well as demonstrations on turning and bandsawn boxes. The atmosphere is very friendly with blokes too willing to chat about how they do things.
Micheal Mogy was there with a great array of his ware (Hardware For Creative Finishes) as well as South East Wood Turning Supplies with his tour bus converted to a mobile shop.
The complex also is home to the local Lapidary group and Ladies stuff -spinning and weaving etc.
We went there yesterday to have a look around. The women folk were chatted to by very enthusiastic sewers of all types while I and my brother were able to take in the blokey bits.
All in all we had a good time and thanks to the organisers for putting on a great Festival.

wheelinround
22nd September 2013, 11:15 AM
Doubt I/we would know any of them these days Sue was a member of the spinners group when we lived there. I just knew of some of the guys never a member one fellow Col did miniatures and I know they had a display of his works sadly passed on a few years ago.

Glad you had a good day Rod but disapointed not one photo to show it really happened :;

chambezio
22nd September 2013, 12:00 PM
I figured I would be in trouble for not taking any photos. I know, no photo no go
Yes Ray they were such a friendly bunch and very hospitable. I should also add that my sister from Katoomba flew up to visit us. She is a prolific knitter as well as cross stitch. She has even done jumpers and the like for others to earn a few $. The ladies were very encouraging to her to spin a fleece. She has had the wheel for 30 years but has not had the time to learn. In a few years she will be retired and so wants to do some spinning then
There was one particular fellow who has been retired for 40 years!!!! He is 87 and is a dab hand on the bandsaw making boxes. He is great bloke to boot!!!

dai sensei
22nd September 2013, 07:06 PM
Shame it was not in a few weeks, I'll be passing that way early Oct on the way to Muswellbrook, from the woodworking show at Dorigo.

chambezio
22nd September 2013, 07:13 PM
Neil, when you are going through yell out and we could have a cuppa to replenish your strength for the rest of the trip. (Moonbi is 20 minutes before Tamworth on the NEHighway. I will PM you with some phone numbers.

dai sensei
22nd September 2013, 07:25 PM
Neil, when you are going through yell out and we could have a cuppa to replenish your strength for the rest of the trip. (Moonbi is 20 minutes before Tamworth on the NEHighway. I will PM you with some phone numbers.

:2tsup:

smiife
22nd September 2013, 08:23 PM
hi chambezio
glad to here you had a good time,pity
i didn't know last week ,we could have met up
face to face as it were
chers smiife:2tsup: