PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Newcastle...

firebug454
24th September 2013, 01:11 PM
Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this forum in the search for BBQ ideas. I'm no carpenter by any means, in fact I have had far more experience with steel and mechanics. But I love DIY and I think this is the place for ideas and help.

My father used to build timber boats and I spent many weekends as a kid helping him. I think I may have picked up a few skills along the way, particularly patients and attention to detail. A trait that frustrates my wife as it takes me so long to finish a project due to me triple checking everything as I go... :rolleyes:

We have a Merbau timber deck out back and need to build a hardwood timber bench and cabinet for a drop in gas BBQ. Hopefully I can post a thread with before, during and after pictures.

I look forward to browsing through the forums and discussing ideas with people in the know...

Bill :)

Christos
26th September 2013, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the forum. You should be able to get ideas on this forum. There is also a metal working section on this forum.

You can access from the top of the page by the drop down menu on using this link.

METALWORK FORUMS (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f66/)

tdrumnut
26th September 2013, 07:53 PM
Gidday Bill, welcome aboard and may your journey with us be a pleasant one.

crowie
26th September 2013, 08:13 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Bill".
There are quite a few members in and around Newcastle....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork/metalwork.
Cheers crowie

firebug454
27th September 2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys. I'll definitely have a browse through the metalwork forum.

I ended up picking up some timber during the week and made a little start on the BBQ bench. I wish work would stop getting in the way of my many projects. . .

JJF
28th September 2013, 07:04 AM
welcome aboard

old1955
30th September 2013, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the forum.