PDA

View Full Version : dividing plates

leroy
25th September 2013, 07:01 PM
Hi, Does any one have experience with the dividing plates from CDCO? I have an Vertex 6 inch rotary table and would like to know if the CDCO plates will fit it, the picture of their rotary table looks like mine and I intend to ask Frank at CDCO but I would like to hear from anyone that has them, Leroy.

Jim Ferrous
7th November 2013, 06:20 PM
Have you seen these ones on ebay?

Dividing Plates SET FOR HV4 HV6 Rotary Table With ITS Working Manual | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dividing-Plates-Set-for-HV4-HV6-Rotary-Table-with-its-working-manual-/221284515703?pt=BI_Tool_Work_Holding&hash=item338595bf77)

Big Shed
7th November 2013, 06:27 PM
Jim, for the extra $30 or so I think I would buy the original Vertex ones.

Jim Ferrous
7th November 2013, 06:32 PM
Fred, who would you recommend to buy it from in Oz or o'seas?

I haven't as yet bought any tooling from o'seas, but I have been looking and doing 'wish lists'.

Big Shed
7th November 2013, 06:41 PM
Fred, who would you recommend to buy it from in Oz or o'seas?

I haven't as yet bought any tooling from o'seas, but I have been looking and doing 'wish lists'.

Jim, if you are doing an order from CDCO then perhaps include the dividing plates with that order, but I haven't seen either the CDCO rotary table nor the dividing plates.

I bought my 6" Rotary Table from Standaco, the front mounted chuck and tailstock from H&F on sale.

Don't get me wrong, I have bought a lot of my tooling from CDCO, as well as CTC, but for this heavier stuff it wasn't economical.

I will wait for the next H&F sale for the dividing plates.

Jim Ferrous
8th November 2013, 10:08 AM
H&F are having a three day sale either this weekend or next weekend.

nosnow
8th November 2013, 10:49 AM
The sale has started now online
until the 16th Nov
Cheers Rod

Jim Ferrous
8th November 2013, 10:52 AM
R016 | DP-1 Dividing Plate | machineryhouse.com.au (http://www.machineryhouse.com.au/R016)

There's the H&F special for the dividing plates.

leroy
9th November 2013, 03:30 PM
I emailed CDCO and they couldn't guarantee their dividing plates would suit a vertex R/T, I finished up getting a set from Minitech eng. Brisbane, for $126.50 so $112 sale price from your local H&F store is about the best you will get I would think,Leroy

simonl
9th November 2013, 04:35 PM
I know you probably have your mind made up on the indexing plates and probably need them for a project but an alternative is an electronic indexer. There is one designed by Steve Ward which a few of us have made. A worthwhile project, but if you are wanting the indexing feature of your RT NOW and not after the completion of another project then probably not the best idea.

Simon