PDA

View Full Version : Proserpine Turnout

powderpost
25th September 2013, 11:07 PM
It is on again this year, the Proserpine Turnout. Two and a half days of turning, watching or just yapping. A damn good weekend 1st, 2nd, 3rd of November. I can highly recommend it.
For more information go to Turnout 2008 (http://www.proserpinewoodturners.com/CurrentTurnout.html) for an application form and cost details. Activities are organised for the ladies that don't turn.

Jim

Old Croc
26th September 2013, 01:27 PM
Hey Jimmie,
Sadly I will not be there this year, I got a better offer from Ed Reis and Paul39 to do a visit to North Carolina between Drag Races, so they won :2tsup:. Give my regards to the crew, and hopefully be there next year. Look forward to some photos.
rgds,
Crocy

TTIT
26th September 2013, 09:56 PM
Hoping to make it this year - Would be nice if this hot spell dies out before then!!!

dai sensei
26th September 2013, 10:51 PM
Not this year :C, but next year :2tsup:

Cliff Rogers
27th September 2013, 04:29 AM
Nuh, I'll be in Brissy.

Mobyturns
27th September 2013, 08:22 AM
Hey Jimmie,
Sadly I will not be there this year, I got a better offer from Ed Reis and Paul39 to do a visit to North Carolina between Drag Races, so they won :2tsup:. Give my regards to the crew, and hopefully be there next year. Look forward to some photos.
rgds,
Crocy

Crocy, a better offer! :oo: Hope you enjoy the racing. Will have to catch up with you one day, its been a while.

Prossy seems to be holding steady but seems to be loosing a few of the older regulars for various reasons. Still a great event.

Old Croc
27th September 2013, 02:18 PM
Crocy, a better offer! :oo: Hope you enjoy the racing. Will have to catch up with you one day, its been a while.

Prossy seems to be holding steady but seems to be loosing a few of the older regulars for various reasons. Still a great event.

Well, where else can you experience 30 odd 8-10,000HP Top Fuel dragsters thunder down the Quarter Mile, rearrange your internal organs, shake your ears to your brain, and cheer and yell to your hearts content, for 4 days non stop. There is another bonus, after I visit Ed and Paul, I catch up with TicklingMedusa on the west coast. During all my travels through Aus and the US, I have never met anyone as inspirational as John. In another thread he posted a link to his turnings, and what he achives is incredible. Plus I get to visit all the woodworking shops and timber suppliers, hopefully grab some rarities, well for me anyway.
rgds,
Crocy.

powderpost
4th October 2013, 11:13 PM
Four weeks to go for the Proserpine turnout weekend. Who is going?

Jim

Cliff Rogers
5th October 2013, 04:43 PM
Nope, not this year.

RETIRED
5th October 2013, 07:15 PM
Moi. I think. And no, not through Barcy.:p:D

Cliff Rogers
5th October 2013, 07:41 PM
.... not through Barcy.:p:D

They'll miss ya. :think:

powderpost
5th October 2013, 10:54 PM
Moi. I think. And no, not through Barcy.:p:D
How weak (or week) is that? :D
Jim

mkypenturner
6th October 2013, 10:52 PM
Four weeks to go for the Proserpine turnout weekend. Who is going?

Jim
yep ill be there cant wait , gotta get my gear ready though:rolleyes:

sparkie54
11th October 2013, 02:58 PM
I will be there and found out last my mate Dave from Mt Isa is coming too - must start putting my list together