PDA

View Full Version : RIP Graham Kennedy

smidsy
26th May 2005, 01:10 AM
We lost one of the best today.
I'm a youngster at 35 so I only saw his later years but damn he was good.

Paul

Chesand
26th May 2005, 07:53 AM
There will never be anyone who comes close.
I can remember him from his days on radio with Nicky - irreverent then.

Caliban
26th May 2005, 10:11 PM
Not Nicky Webster? :eek:

boban
27th May 2005, 01:15 AM
Did you hear what that low life Deren Hinch said about him today. "GK was gay and died from AIDS". Even if it were true, how the hell is that relevant to a man that made millions laugh.

Shame on you Deren you POS.

smidsy
27th May 2005, 02:49 AM
It's widely known that Graham Kennedy was gay - but who cares, he never hurt anyone (unless all those who wet themselves laughing count) he lived a peaceful life and he had an enormously positive effect on those he encountered.

As for Hinch, that guy is a wuckfit who can only get publicity by slagging off others.
Cheers
Paul

Sturdee
27th May 2005, 10:14 AM
Most Victorians of my age will remember Graham with affection as he made us laugh day in and day out. I even saw a couple of IMT's being made and it was a laugh a minute even during the commercial breaks.

Of course we knew he was gay, and that in a period when it was still a taboo subject. Even his long standing engagement with another entertainer who was a lesbian was a long standing gag for those in the know. That he died of aids is not surprising and not important. What is important to remember is the laughs he gave us.

However I disagree with the opinion about Derryn Hinch. If you heard what was said on Melbourne radio where Graham was being immortalised and virtually made ready for early sainthood :eek: you would agree that Derryn was setting the record straight.

I think the media was portraying an inaccurate picture because the truth would reflect badly on those still in it. That Derryn was objecting to and tried to set straight. He is the only one on radio in Melbourne who will call a spade a spade.

BTW this was the same with David Hookes who was portrayed as a loving family man, whilst he had separated from his wife and family and was living in Melbourne with his defacto who was never acknowledged by the media hype.

Peter.

silentC
27th May 2005, 10:27 AM
You're probably right, Peter but I think timing is everything, and as those who saw Derryn on 'Dancing with the Stars' could attest, it's not one of his strong points... ;)

Sturdee
27th May 2005, 10:57 AM
......those who saw Derryn on 'Dancing with the Stars' could attest, it's not one of his strong points... ;)

Never really saw Derryn dancing, moving around yes but dancing? :rolleyes: , however his partner made up for it. :D

But you're right and maybe I should also correct my statement " That he died of aids" for this morning I heard on the same radio station that there is proof that he did not die of aids. More restraint by the media and more research by Derryn would have allowed Graham to pass away with more dignity.

Peter.

Driver
27th May 2005, 11:44 AM
There's always a balance in life. The good is counterbalanced by the bad. We were fortunate to have been able to enjoy Graham Kennedy's genius. To balance that we have to be exposed (only occasionally, with any luck!) to that bloody clunker Derryn Hinch. The man has no talent but he is loud and obnoxious in his opinions. This means that media executives know he will attract an audience so they give him air time.

We can always use the off button, fortunately.

Col

smidsy
27th May 2005, 01:54 PM
The fact is that being famous does not mean you are perfect.
Who cares if David Hookes had left his wife and was living defacto, this is a sad but common fact of life these days.

People like Hynch put these guys on a pedestal and expect perfection from them. The fact is that they are talented and they have an ability to touch peoples lives, but they are not perfect - and Hynch does not have the right to slag them off as a way of getting publicity for himself.
The fact that Hynch has been dumped by every television network in this country speaks volumes about his talent.

Paul

Caliban
27th May 2005, 08:10 PM
More restraint by the media and more research by Derryn would have allowed Graham to pass away with more dignity.

Peter.
Peter
You're not suggesting that Derryn do a se..ch are you? :eek: :D :D :D

smidsy
27th May 2005, 08:15 PM
Hei Guys,
Someone on another group I'm on suggested a way that sort out both the Derryn Hynch and the Schapelle Corby problems.

A prisoner swap - not only do we bring Schapelle home but just think how much crime would drop in Indonesia if punishment was spending 20 years in the same cell as Derryn Hinch.

Cheers
Paul

Caliban
27th May 2005, 08:31 PM
just think how much crime would drop in Indonesia if punishment was spending 20 years in the same cell as Derryn Hinch.

Cheers
Paul
Mate
Ya can't do that. We need Derryn here as a deterrent to the "fully sick" brigade of subwoofers and turbos etc. :D :D :D :D :D

Sturdee
27th May 2005, 08:35 PM
Peter
You're not suggesting that Derryn do a se..ch are you? :eek: :D :D :D

Yes, as a search is the essential part of research. :D

Peter.

ernknot
27th May 2005, 10:06 PM
R.I.P Gra Gra.
Wonderful entertainer and actor.
If people can't speak well of the dead then don't speak!
As for Derryn Hinch ( D.H.= Richard Cranium) is just looking for attention in his boring vitriollic programme. Turds should be flushed.

Ashore
27th May 2005, 11:07 PM
Derryn Hinch k one w one by birth
SHAME SHAME SHAME
why wait till his dead and can't defend himself to make these remarks why didn't you open your trap 2-3 years ago
Gay he may have been , a coward he wasn't
If your've got something to say say it to his face don't wait till his dead
Hopefully it won't be too long before you can

God must love stupid people; He made so many of them.

Rowan
28th May 2005, 11:46 AM
The sad passing of one of the funniest ockers ever to live had proved how Firetrucked the world we live in is.

Gra's death gets a passing mention but a "pretty girl" getting tried in another country takes hours upon hours of media time as well as Government intervention.

The world is a sadder place, thank god for video footage!!!

hilux
7th September 2005, 10:30 AM
Yes I agree, its very sad to lose someone like GK. Him and BN were classic!

And is this about DH? He does All Bran ads.:D

Barry_White
7th September 2005, 01:13 PM
What happened, censorship didn't work.

RETIRED
7th September 2005, 09:47 PM
Will fix. :cool:

Iain
8th September 2005, 08:11 PM
With DH in the house, who the hell needs All Bran :confused:

r.i.p-graham
29th December 2005, 12:32 AM
Hey, im only new with the graham kennedy seen because i saw the best of show on tv one night after he died, and wen i found out the box set came out on dvd i went and got it, i have never laughed so hard in my life. tomorrow im gettin blankety blanks cant wait, its really sad that he has died, and wat that guy said bout him been gay thats just wrong. Have any other of yous got the best of dvd?

Sturdee
29th December 2005, 02:24 PM
and wat that guy said bout him been gay thats just wrong.

and

Of course we knew he was gay, and that in a period when it was still a taboo subject. Even his long standing engagement with another entertainer who was a lesbian was a long standing gag for those in the know.

So you think I'm wrong :( about Graham being gay. Where were you in the 60's and 70's and 80's when he was the King. I was in Melbourne, watched his shows, read the papers and TV magazines and listened to the radio. I have heard it a number of times and even Bert, his great sidekick, says so in his tribute to Graham.

Learn your facts before you start criticizing me as that guy.:mad:

Peter.

Gumby
29th December 2005, 02:31 PM
pete, i wouldn't bother with this guy. he's just another troll. Give him a red and let him go away. ;)

craigb
29th December 2005, 03:33 PM
pete, i wouldn't bother with this guy. he's just another troll. Give him a red and let him go away. ;)

Yes.

Sturdee
29th December 2005, 03:35 PM
Already did that, reduced his standard 3 green to 2. Noticed that he is now all red.

It's just that I get annoyed being referred to as " that guy".:mad:

Peter.

Iain
29th December 2005, 03:38 PM
It's just that I get annoyed being referred to as " that guy".:mad:

Peter.
You would prefer "that jig builder":D :D :D
Don't take it too hard Peter, most know who you are:) and your WW skills which is what this board is really all about.

bitingmidge
29th December 2005, 03:42 PM
Noticed that he is now all red.

Clearly you have friends in high places.

P
;)

Sturdee
29th December 2005, 05:34 PM
You would prefer "that jig builder":D :D :D
Don't take it too hard Peter, most know who you are:) and your WW skills which is what this board is really all about.

Iain, at times I have been referred to as the jig builder and have taken that as a great compliment. Being acknowledged by you guys as being able to build jigs is indeed high praise.:D

What galled me was that, in effect, this troll called me a liar.:rolleyes:

Peter.

oges
29th December 2005, 05:51 PM
unless he/she was referring to DH as 'that guy'

r.i.p-graham
29th December 2005, 06:09 PM
actully wat i ment by saying wat i said "him saying graham been gay is just wrong" i meant that it was rude to say that read over it again.

Sturdee
29th December 2005, 08:05 PM
read over it again.

I did read it over again, and again, and yet again, and I still say that I was wronged.

Without you saying specifically who you are referring to I'm taking it that you referred to me as I had posted previously regarding the fact that Graham was gay.

Further, whilst you may not think it be appropriate to refer to his sexual preference, you said that " saying Graham been gay is just wrong " . This clearly infers that you think Graham was not gay and I was lying.

Nevertheless your apology is accepted and BTW I do have the DVD set and I do think he is one of the greatest comics we have seen on TV.

Peter.

ele__13
29th December 2005, 10:13 PM
well as well as being one of the most brill comics our country has produced im glad we live in australia if somone is gay well hey thats thier business ( some of my best friends are wonderful and they just happen to be gay ) hey i dodnt have a problem with them they dodnt hurt me and i would trust them with my kids lives ( more than a lot of hetrosexual males ) i hope that i dont offend anyone its not meant to offend ...
nothing can be done graeme was gay very private and thats the way he wished to live his life and we cant do a thing and we all just have to keep living life studee i agree wiff u totally have a good new year all cheers jules:p:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D:D

r.i.p-graham
29th December 2005, 11:31 PM
I WAS NOT REFERRING TO U, i was tlaking about that guy that said about him dying from aids because he is gay, geez

Ashore
30th December 2005, 12:00 AM
Troll
Go and tell Graham yourself

Grunt
30th December 2005, 08:05 AM
Darryl Hinch was the bloke who said that GK died of aids.

Iain
30th December 2005, 08:55 AM
I remember someone interviewed Phyliss Dyller (sp) when she came to Australia, his comment was 'She says "Daaaaarling," more times than Derryn Hinch says "will you marry me"':D :D

ele__13
30th December 2005, 11:12 AM
HEHEHEHHEHEHHEHE well put Iain !!!
cheers jules

r.i.p-graham
1st January 2006, 09:08 PM
so do any of u have his dvd's, i got the best of dvd's and the blankety blanks dvds

ele__13
1st January 2006, 09:44 PM
go look in the vid shop or ur libary we have stuff like that in our town libary its brill but i would be careful asking anyone fpr anything as u upset them all last time jules
yipppppeeeeeeeeee i got my pink writing back

r.i.p-graham
2nd January 2006, 06:48 PM
lol i wasnt saying i wanted to buy that stuff, ive got it, im slwoly collecting all the dvds and books n stuff, if any of u have a myspace account go to http://groups.myspace.com/grahamkennedy or just make an account so u can go on that,:D :D :D :D

r.i.p-graham
2nd January 2006, 07:33 PM
heres one of my groups on myspace go here http://groups.myspace.com/grahamkennedy if ur not a member of myspace just create one or just look around on it,

r.i.p-graham
2nd January 2006, 07:34 PM
lol sorry i put it twice, i thought it didnt go on so i did it again sorry again

ele__13
3rd January 2006, 07:19 AM
and this has got wat to do with wood ????
if ur looking for stuff re graeme look elsewhere this is a wood forum not one about aust comedy
a tired and crabby jules

Sturdee
3rd January 2006, 04:04 PM
heres one of my groups on myspace go here http://groups.myspace.com/grahamkennedy if ur not a member of myspace just create one or just look around on it,

So finally your true colours are showing. Took a while though.:p

All you're trying to do is flog your group and my space.:mad:

Peter.

Iain
3rd January 2006, 04:14 PM
And she can't spell.............

ele__13
3rd January 2006, 04:51 PM
or we could all go on her website and talk about wood !!!! a less tired and grumpy me lol

:D:D:D:D:o:o:o:o