PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Gippsland

Potzii
4th October 2013, 12:42 PM
Hi all,

I signed up a month ago and have been watching with interest the discussions. I am trying to find more time in my schedule to get out to the shed more as I enjoy woodworking and have started to get back into woodturning after a long, long break. I was directed to this site by a mate and I have been impressed with the discussions.

The ideas, suggestions and solutions I have read and seen so far have been of great value.

Keep up the great work and when I finally finish my first bowl I will post it for some constructive criticism.

Regards

Mark (Traralgon)

Regards Potzii

tdrumnut
4th October 2013, 03:46 PM
Gidday Mark, welcome aboard and may your journey with us be a pleasant one.

steamingbill
5th October 2013, 04:16 PM
Hello Mark,

I think there are a few people from our corner of Victoria in the forum. ( I am near Churchill)

Well worth going to the Woodworking show in Melbourne if you have never been before. 12 days time at Jeff's Shed see link below.

http://www.woodworkforums.com/f190/melbourne-t-www-show-2013-a-168834/#post1631665

...... and Traralgon has the most amaaazing Mens Shed .... all sorts of gear ................... worth a look.

Regards

Bill

shedbound
5th October 2013, 04:27 PM
G'day from Gippsland also, welcome to the fun!

JJF
6th October 2013, 07:06 AM
welcome aboard

Potzii
6th October 2013, 08:05 AM
Thanks all for the welcome.

Bill, thanks for the heads up. I will definitely get into the show.

Regards

Mark

Regards Potzii

Christos
12th October 2013, 11:46 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Richo12
13th October 2013, 02:32 PM
Welcome Potzi, enjoy the ride. Be welcome at the Latrobe Valley Woodworkers at Old Gippsland. Give them a call. Laurie

crowie
18th October 2013, 03:57 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Mark".
There are quite a few members in and around Melbourne and across Victoria.
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.
Cheers crowie

Potzii
18th October 2013, 08:26 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Mark".
There are quite a few members in and around Melbourne and across Victoria.
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.
Cheers crowie

Thanks Crowie, I have enjoyed the forum and learnt heaps. I even started an acronym thread as there are heaps in use. Which brings me to my question. What does "WIP" mean.

Regards

Mark

Regards Potzii

crowie
18th October 2013, 08:32 PM
Thanks Crowie, I have enjoyed the forum and learnt heaps. I even started an acronym thread as there are heaps in use. Which brings me to my question. What does "WIP" mean.

Regards

Mark

Regards Potzii

SORRY Mark, "WIP" WORK IN PROGRESS..... normally a series of photos and notes on how you did/built what you did.... helps everyone and great record. Cheers, crowie

old1955
21st October 2013, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the forum.