PDA

View Full Version : New member from Perth

whatthej
5th October 2013, 01:38 PM
Hi everyone,

Customary introduction -tips hat-

Was given a bandsaw (BP-305) as a present at the start of this year from my fiancee, was so happy with her performance as a fiancee that I've promoted her to wife. (But that makes me liable to give her a Kitchenaid or a new set of pots&pans around the same price doesnt it)

Been a slow learning curve as I have been busy. But I am moving along well and have the projects in mind:
- DIY Drill Press from a hand drill
- Jewellery box
- Work bench
- Small greenhouse

Would love to know if there's a service where a person comes over and does a bandsaw tune up for me. I've done it according to the manufacturer's recommendations and also "Taunton's Mastering your bandsaw" video, but because I don't have exactly the same setup, I'm a little worried that the machine isn't set up well.

Cheers!

BobL
5th October 2013, 05:48 PM
Hi everyone,
Welcome aboard the nuthouse.

Was given a bandsaw (BP-305) as a present at the start of this year from my fiancee, was so happy with her performance as a fiancee that I've promoted her to wife. (But that makes me liable to give her a Kitchenaid or a new set of pots&pans around the same price doesnt it)

Another tack to consider is as follows. I gave my wife a cordless Dremel and now she (we) have a decent range of Dremel accessories

Been a slow learning curve as I have been busy. But I am moving along well and have the projects in mind:
- DIY Drill Press from a hand drill
- Jewellery box
- Work bench
- Small greenhouse

Would love to know if there's a service where a person comes over and does a bandsaw tune up for me. I've done it according to the manufacturer's recommendations and also "Taunton's Mastering your bandsaw" video, but because I don't have exactly the same setup, I'm a little worried that the machine isn't set up well.
Cheers!

If it cuts straight and square and the blade stays on you are 90% there.

tdrumnut
5th October 2013, 06:02 PM
Gidday. welcome aboard and may your journey with us be a pleasant one. Check out the bandsaw section for some answers.

JJF
6th October 2013, 07:02 AM
welcome aboard

Christos
12th October 2013, 11:52 AM
Welcome to the forum.

crowie
18th October 2013, 03:58 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum.
There are quite a few members in and around Perth.
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.
Cheers crowie

old1955
21st October 2013, 10:31 PM
Welcome to the forum.