PDA

View Full Version : New Apprentice

CMB
5th October 2013, 02:29 PM
Am proud to announce that I have a new apprentice!

After loosing my number one supervisor last week (RIP Nippa), I was surprised to find myself rehiring so soon... It's funny how things turn out.

I wasn't actively looking for a new companion in the workshop but couldn't resist the qualifications of this bloke after we met mostly by chance.

Buddy

He's an 8 week old Bulldog x Border Collie, and over the last couple of days has shown a lot of promise that he's going to be a good mutt.

Really looking forward to the next couple of weeks bonding. Then off for his second lot of shots, and who knows what sort of adventures after that.

Sad times and exciting times all at once...gotta love life!

Craig.

Pat
5th October 2013, 02:50 PM
He's a lot bigger than my new apprentice, Miss Molly. Had her for 3 weeks, the other 2 have corrupted her, but are slow in teaching her to stay out of the way. She has also earned the sobriquet of "Squishy"

Pic is of the 3 of them supervising me turn288274

Lucy (brown Staffy x Kelpie) is the Site Supervisor, Toby (White Foxie x Jack Russell) is the Safety Advisor and Molly (Pug x Jack Russell) is the Cadet Engineer.

They don't share each other's food, play nice or snore in unison . . . much!

CMB
5th October 2013, 03:45 PM
Lucy (brown Staffy x Kelpie) is the Site Supervisor, Toby (White Foxie x Jack Russell) is the Safety Advisor and Molly (Pug x Jack Russell) is the Cadet Engineer.

Typical job site by the looks of things. Three in the office and only one on the tools.

At least I won't have so many salaries and fringe benefits to subsidise.

Can't wait to see Buddy grow. I like not knowing how cross breeds will look once fully grown.

Craig.

MAPLEMAN
5th October 2013, 06:06 PM
That is one cute pup :)..MM

tdrumnut
5th October 2013, 07:42 PM
Looks like a little cracker, I'm sure he'll settle in and be promoted to OIC in no time at all. Good luck.

BobL
5th October 2013, 11:02 PM
What li'll buewdy!

Reminds me a bit of our younger short haired BC.

Keep posting more pics

Oldneweng
6th October 2013, 01:38 PM
Very nice looking companion. That mix could be a real winner. I would suggest that he will be a fanatical protector of your rights.

Looks like a little cracker, I'm sure he'll settle in and be promoted to OIC in no time at all. Good luck.

If he is anything like my BC he is already OIC, in his mind anyway. Fabulous dogs, if you can keep them exercised. We wear out a few balls. Heres a fact that may be of interest. Using tennis balls to exercise your dog can be seriously bad for their teeth. My step sons BC has badly worn down teeth from them. If the ball picks up sand it can abrade the teeth. Depends on the dog, soil types etc. We use the plastic "Chuckit" throwers and soft solid rubber balls. Then we have lots of room to toss balls and frisby's anywhere.

Dean

KBs PensNmore
13th October 2013, 11:54 PM
A friend of mine has a dog like Buddy, he called it Handyman, I asked "why", he said "he does little jobs around the yard".
I think cross bred dogs make better pets, he looks like he will be a real mate:2tsup:
Kryn

tea lady
14th October 2013, 12:18 AM
A friend of mine has a dog like Buddy, he called it Handyman, I asked "why", he said "he does little jobs around the yard".

Kryn:rofl:

CMB
14th November 2013, 11:17 AM
Thought I'd post an update seeing that it's nearly six weeks since I posted some pics.

Apart from the expected antics of a 14 week old pup ("don't bite", "get down", "that's not yours" and multitudes of "no"), he's proving to be very welcome addition to the family and an excellent companion dog. Temperament wise he has a lot of the Bully coming through, very laid back and fantastic with the kids (4 & 7). With the smarts of both Aussie Bulldog and Border Collie, he is a quick learner and extremely obedient for his age. Naturally we spoil him rotten but he deserves every bit of it. Very happy indeed.

Craig

CMB
4th December 2013, 11:13 AM
We lost a little of our manhood at the vet yesterday. :bye2: We're now working very hard on the recovery.

All went well, and as a bonus I scored a pair of earrings for the wife's chrissie present. :U

Uncle Al
4th December 2013, 09:17 PM
We lost a little of our manhood at the vet yesterday. :bye2: We're now working very hard on the recovery.

All went well, and as a bonus I scored a pair of earrings for the wife's chrissie present. :U

Love to see your wife's face when she receives her unique earrings.

Great looking pup BTW, should be a real asset in the workshop.

Alan...

CMB
4th December 2013, 09:54 PM
Love to see your wife's face when she receives her unique earrings.

Great looking pup BTW, should be a real asset in the workshop.

Alan...

Cheers Alan. He' s proving to be a little ripper.

As for the earrings, waste not want not I say.