PDA

View Full Version : G'Day All from Newby in Melb

BeeFus
9th October 2013, 09:14 PM
Howdy all..

I am new around here, just popped in want to get meself a lathe and get cracking.. Always wanted to turn some things and well Now a friend of mine has got me going I cant stop now till I have given it a shot.
I like the Pens and the big Bowls, Captive RIngs and inside out turning.. Not sure which I will focus on but I want to have a crack at it all..
If anyone if getting rid of some gear let me know or point me to the Buy/Sell section..
Oh yeah the intro, I am 47 Male from West of Melb.. Married 3 Kids all old enough to leave me alone to do what I want.. so many hobbies it aint funny now adding one more..

Cheers
BeeF

tdrumnut
9th October 2013, 10:35 PM
Gidday BeeF, welcome aboard and may your journey with us be a pleasant one.

Christos
10th October 2013, 10:02 AM
Welcome to the forum.

steamingbill
10th October 2013, 12:23 PM
Hello Beef,

Make sure and go to working with wood show in 7 days time see link top of page.

Guaranteed to see a few lathes there and maybe some good prices on alls orts of gear.

Bill

BeeFus
11th October 2013, 10:36 PM
Hello Beef,

Make sure and go to working with wood show in 7 days time see link top of page.

Guaranteed to see a few lathes there and maybe some good prices on alls orts of gear.

Bill

Cheers for that Bill

Cheers
BeeF

JJF
17th October 2013, 11:39 PM
Welcome to the forum.

crowie
18th October 2013, 03:48 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "BeeF".
There are quite a few members in and around Melbourne.
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.
Cheers crowie

You've got the woodwork show this weekend.....

old1955
21st October 2013, 10:23 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Grommett
21st October 2013, 10:54 PM
What they said. Enjoy the forum and join a club. The best way to learn is from your peers.