PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Fife,Scotland.

Mark McGrath
14th October 2013, 12:07 AM
Hello.I have joined this forum mainly for the metalwork part of it.I recognise a few names from other forums and I've been in touch with Phil (Machtool) a few times over the years.
I'm a time served fitter/turner and have ran my own engineering shops for the past thirty four years.I reached retiring age a week back.
Mark.

Old farmer
14th October 2013, 07:12 AM
You are very welcome, Mark. Hope you enjoy many years retired after a skilled and productive working life, Bill.

Jim Carroll
14th October 2013, 09:07 AM
Welcome Mark, there is a blast from the past.
My family come from Fruechie.
My youngest boy went there last year on holiday and took some great pics that bought back very fond memories.

tdrumnut
14th October 2013, 10:17 AM
Gidday Mark, welcome aboard and may your journey with us be a pleasant one.

JJF
17th October 2013, 11:37 PM
welcome aboard

crowie
18th October 2013, 03:29 PM
G'Day & Welcome "to the Great South Land" & to a top forum "Mark".
There are quite a few members from UK on the forum as well as across the rest of the world..
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your metalwork & some woodwork.
Cheers from On Top DownUnder, crowie

Christos
18th October 2013, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the forum.

steamingbill
19th October 2013, 08:29 AM
Hello Marc,

Welcome to forum, lotsa good things to find here if you use the search function.

Am curious.

Are Britain and Europe awash with cheap chinese metal lathes or are there heaps and heaps of British and European lathes easily available at competitive prices ?

With 60+ million people in Britain there must be a healthy subset of people who want lathes ?

Bill

DaveTTC
19th October 2013, 04:51 PM
Welcome aboard.

Been to Scotland back in 2003 I think it was and once upon a time I lived on Fife Avenue.

Hope you enjoy it on the forum.

drakkar1
20th October 2013, 07:48 PM
Welcome companion to this home.

old1955
21st October 2013, 10:49 PM
Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy it.

.RC.
8th January 2014, 06:53 AM
The Passing Of Mark McGrath (http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general/passing-mark-mcgrath-278033/)

:C