PDA

View Full Version : Another Käfer, this time a dial height gauge.

Ueee
16th October 2013, 09:09 PM
Hi all,
Some may have seen this on Ebay lately. I was the only bidder at $30. It and a .2"-1.2" mits internal mic turned up in the mail today.

I am rather fond of the Käfer gear, its German and well made, but reasonably cheap. Anyway, i didn't know what to expect with this one, the sellers pic didn't show the brand, he had just said "made in Germany".
It is a beautiful bit of gear, very well made, and unlike my other Käfer indicators it has a full metal bezel. What struck me the most though was the simplicity of the bases construction. Just the base and a collet type arrangement locked with a knurled nut. It will take any long travel indicator with an 8mm stem, including my one of my 50mm Käfers.

Anyway, i think making a base like this would be a great little project, if anyone wants more pics etc just let me know.

Cheers,
Ew

Edit, the title should read dial depth gauge:doh:

Steamwhisperer
16th October 2013, 09:44 PM
Very swisho Ewan. Did you get it local or from overseas.

Phil

Anorak Bob
16th October 2013, 11:10 PM
Ew,

Change the thread title to " Dial Depth Gauge ".:)

BT

Ueee
17th October 2013, 12:30 AM
Edit, the title should read dial depth gauge:doh:

Ew,

Change the thread title to " Dial Depth Gauge ".:)

BT

Apparently you can't, i think the mods can.

Phil, it came from Melbourne.

Ew

Stustoys
17th October 2013, 10:28 AM
it came from Melbourne.
Yes I know. Lucky it didnt cost you more ;) Though I didnt look at it very closely and didnt realise it had 25mm travel. Nice!
I am dealing with another ebay issue ATM so am a little distracted.....someone scored a moving retcule for a microscope for $25 or some such coz I was taking pictures of blue in the shed and missed the end by 30 seconds :'(

Stuart

azzrock
17th October 2013, 04:50 PM
hi ew

very nice looks. looks great
you have to luv quality.
might even come in handy
aaron