PDA

View Full Version : Jumping in the deep end..

JSmyth
21st October 2013, 03:31 PM
Hello from Rockhampton. I'm a finance broker who's last experience in woodworking was in year 9 manual arts, about 27 years ago, and I wasn't real good! So 6 months ago a good friend and I were talking about his woodworking habit and he mentioned that he wanted to build a guitar. I jumped on board and said if he was going to do it, then I was coming for the ride. In doing the research I came a cross this site and decided to join and reap the benefit of hundreds of expert opinions and hopefully get a few tips from other builder's experience. Looking forward to the journey.

crowie
21st October 2013, 04:27 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "JSmyth".
There are quite a few members in and around Central Queensland.
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.
Cheers crowie

old1955
21st October 2013, 10:57 PM
Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your time here.

Christos
21st October 2013, 11:57 PM
Welcome to the forum.

JJF
22nd October 2013, 07:01 AM
Welcome to the forum.

JSmyth
23rd October 2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I've already managed to meet at least one local member and caught up with Vern from TTIT at Emerald who gave me a tour of his workshop. I've started a threat over on the musical instruments forum which shows my progress on the guitar to date. Check it out.

tdrumnut
23rd October 2013, 04:23 PM
Gidday JSmyth, welcome aboard and may your journey with us be a pleasant one.

drakkar1
23rd October 2013, 06:32 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.