PDA

View Full Version : Incra Gear

dazzler
29th May 2005, 07:27 PM
Hi all

Couple of questions on INCRA gear.

The Incra LS table saw fence with router extension. Does it hard mount to a table saw is does it just sit on it and is able to be lifted off easily.

Does it fit the jet supersawand/or the TSC10?

Does it come with metric scales or only imperial?

If only imperial is it easy to convert metric to imperial with a calculator or would that drive me stupid? (stupider???)

My previous system was the Triton WC with the works.. Would a table saw with the INCRA LS give me until now unheard of accurracy?

And from any owners of INCRA is it as good as it seems?

How well does the router extension with the wonderfence perform. I was not happy with my Triton router table as the table ends were not always flush with the table causing a step. Would I have a happy time with it and what router fits well?

Thanks in advance.

dazzler

johnc
29th May 2005, 09:15 PM
Dazzler,

If you log onto Woodpeckers Inc in the U.S. you can ask them any question you like on the Incra range and you will usually get a decent answer. It might provide some usefull info.

JohnC

gatiep
30th May 2005, 12:41 AM
Q: Does it come with metric scales or only imperial?

Imperial is standard but both metric scales and the little blocks are available

Q: Does it hard mount to a table saw is does it just sit on it and is able to be lifted off easily.

Q: Does it fit the jet supersawand/or the TSC10?

Would be pointless just sitting a fence on the top as it would be moving about.
Make a fill in table, the unisaw has one as an accessory, make your own for 10 Hb, between the two saw fence guide rails.

Q: If only imperial is it easy to convert metric to imperial with a calculator or would that drive me stupid? (stupider???)

Most definately the last! lol

Q:My previous system was the Triton WC with the works.. Would a table saw with the INCRA LS give me until now unheard of accurracy?

A tablesaw will give you more accuracy and the incra will make it more accurate and repeatable

Q: And from any owners of INCRA is it as good as it seems?

Yes, if you use it, it doesn't work by itself though!

Note: I have posted a fairly long post on Incra and metricating it some time back, plus the Incra system has been the subject of many posts in the past. I guyss a ??????? will give you a lot of info! lol.

dazzler
30th May 2005, 12:23 PM
Q: Does it come with metric scales or only imperial?

Imperial is standard but both metric scales and the little blocks are available

Q: Does it hard mount to a table saw is does it just sit on it and is able to be lifted off easily.

Q: Does it fit the jet supersawand/or the TSC10?

Would be pointless just sitting a fence on the top as it would be moving about.
Make a fill in table, the unisaw has one as an accessory, make your own for 10 Hb, between the two saw fence guide rails.

Q: If only imperial is it easy to convert metric to imperial with a calculator or would that drive me stupid? (stupider???)

Most definately the last! lol

Q:My previous system was the Triton WC with the works.. Would a table saw with the INCRA LS give me until now unheard of accurracy?

A tablesaw will give you more accuracy and the incra will make it more accurate and repeatable

Q: And from any owners of INCRA is it as good as it seems?

Yes, if you use it, it doesn't work by itself though!

Note: I have posted a fairly long post on Incra and metricating it some time back, plus the Incra system has been the subject of many posts in the past. I guyss a ??????? will give you a lot of info! lol.
Thanks Gatiep

My original search just made me more confused:confused:

I will grab a strong coffee and have another look. Somthing I couldnt find but might when I look again is I imagine that you lose about 18mm of cutting depth?

cheers

dazzzler