PDA

View Full Version : McJings website????

chrisb691
4th November 2013, 03:05 PM
I can't access any of the McJing website pages, anyone know what's up?

snowyskiesau
4th November 2013, 03:36 PM
Just noticed that myself.
I sent an email to ask about it.

wheelinround
4th November 2013, 04:51 PM
Spoke to Max about lunch time there are still there website is down ATM trying hard to repair it.

Looks like I'll just have to go over in person...................if I am not back in a week just ring Max and tell him to send me home :U

garym
11th November 2013, 02:45 PM
Still appears to be down - anyone know what's up? Are they still in business?

snowyskiesau
11th November 2013, 03:04 PM
Just a website problem, still in business, I got an email from Jane a couple of days ago when I enquired.

garym
11th November 2013, 03:12 PM
Just a website problem, still in business, I got an email from Jane a couple of days ago when I enquired.

phew! thanks for that - I have just made a pact to not deal with carbatec again and then realised I was running out of options :~

Pat
11th November 2013, 05:26 PM
Still off the air. Bugger I want to look something up.

wheelinround
12th November 2013, 08:54 AM
Well gents I have put of venturing long enough if the rains stops (always rains when I want to go there:rolleyes:) we may venture over there.

What you after Pat?

switt775
23rd November 2013, 01:37 PM
Does anyone know if they are back up? I clicked on their link and something was downloaded to my computer. I deleted it without opening it, but wonder what's going on.

garym
23rd November 2013, 01:49 PM
It's really strange isn't it? Surely something must be going on as they must be losing a heck of a lot of business by having the site down.

Has anyone actually called in at McJing's recently?

wheelinround
23rd November 2013, 02:04 PM
Max has said they are working on fixing the site and are still open for business as usual.

garym
23rd November 2013, 02:10 PM
Max has said they are working on fixing the site and are still open for business as usual.

Ok, but I just find it unusual for a web site to be down for this long (several weeks) - oh well.

wheelinround
23rd November 2013, 02:41 PM
Ok, but I just find it unusual for a web site to be down for this long (several weeks) - oh well.

I had been on the site the day before Chris posted or maybe 2 days prior that was 4th Nov its now only 23rd Nov. I do believe they run their own server as well as the business 6 days a week plus going OS as they both do for buying etc.

I must agree with you tho it must be serious to be down so long, lets hope it comes back soon bigger and brighter.:2tsup:

wheelinround
23rd November 2013, 02:46 PM
Does anyone know if they are back up? I clicked on their link and something was downloaded to my computer. I deleted it without opening it, but wonder what's going on.

I checked the site yesterday and no problem after seeing your post I just checked and yes McJings site has a download :oo: now which of course no one should download.

I shall try contact Max and Jane ASAP.

garym
23rd November 2013, 04:10 PM
I checked the site yesterday and no problem after seeing your post I just checked and yes McJings site has a download :oo: now which of course no one should download.

I shall try contact Max and Jane ASAP.

aaah so it's been back up then? In that case they maybe just tweaking things over the weekend perhaps.

wheelinround
24th November 2013, 08:41 AM
aaah so it's been back up then? In that case they maybe just tweaking things over the weekend perhaps.

Checked agin just now 404 error now showing lets hope its sorted soon.

Mobyturns
24th November 2013, 09:13 AM
Sounds to me like they are the victim of a hack, nasty trojan or the like.

Rod Gilbert
4th December 2013, 02:19 PM
I got on to the site a day or 2 ago now when I try firefox it says unsafe site. Obviously still problems very frustrating when you can't call in to shop and need to use electronic carrier pidgeon. (Anyone know whats going on.)
Regards Rod.

garym
4th December 2013, 02:23 PM
I got on to the site a day or 2 ago now when I try firefox it says unsafe site. Obviously still problems very frustrating when you can't call in to shop and need to use electronic carrier pidgeon. (Anyone know whats going on.)
Regards Rod.

Seems fine now Rod.

(My only problem is it has been down so long I have forgotten what i went there for.... ;-))

wheelinround
4th December 2013, 04:12 PM
I just got same warning as Rod

I am just 30mins away yet still like to browes before going there.

rwbuild
4th December 2013, 04:30 PM
Just had a look myself using Firefox, no probs, no warnings

Rod Gilbert
4th December 2013, 05:48 PM
I just tried again after reading others replies as I said I got on a couple of days ago no problem but today again this message from Firefox.

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to www.mcjing.com.au, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

www.mcjing.com.au uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for mcjing.com.au (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

Pat
4th December 2013, 05:56 PM
Same as Rod, FF doesn't trust it.

garym
4th December 2013, 06:45 PM
Hmmmm, my firefox works but my ie and opera don't which probably means that sometime in the past I accepted their invalid certificate.

This is the problem:

The server's name "www.mcjing.com.au" does not match the certificate's name "mcjing.com.au;mcjing.com.au"

It is probably a web developer's typo and can be worked around by dropping the "www." off the URL - however there is no way to determine that it isn't a "spoof" so you must use your own judgement. I always recommend the "better safe than sorry" approach.

If anyone is going into McJing perhaps this could be brought to their attention, or perhaps someone could drop them a line.

wheelinround
5th December 2013, 08:12 AM
Its up and running this morning :U

RoyG
16th January 2014, 06:09 PM
Seems that McJing's Web Site is down again with a detailed Server Error message this time. It was down on Sunday 12th Jan, and back up again on Monday 13th Jan 2014. Now - Thursday 16th January 2014, it's down again. Hope they get it fixed soon. It's a bit difficult to buy from them when their web site is dead and you're in another state. :(

Rod Gilbert
18th January 2014, 10:02 AM
(Hope they get it fixed soon. It's a bit difficult to buy from them when their web site is dead and you're in another state.)
I agree with you they are good people to deal with it is a real pity the web site seems to let them down again.
Regards Rod.

CaptainBlack
30th April 2014, 11:14 PM
Guy's I have noted that McJings website returns errors with the checkout using Google Chrome, however, using Internet Explorer everything works fine.

Yanis
7th December 2015, 09:29 AM
Just tried to place an order and it appears to be busted. Tried FF, Chrome and IE.

John

Big Shed
7th December 2015, 09:32 AM
Google is your friend:

https://mcjing.com.au/default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Yanis
7th December 2015, 09:53 AM
Still cannot add anything to my cart.

John

Big Shed
7th December 2015, 09:56 AM
Still cannot add anything to my cart.

John

Might have to ring them then

garym
7th December 2015, 09:57 AM
I can confirm I have no problems adding items to my cart.

(firefox)

Big Shed
7th December 2015, 10:06 AM
I can confirm I have no problems adding items to my cart.

(firefox)

Same here (FF)

Yanis
7th December 2015, 11:18 AM
Works now :U

J

Yanis
7th December 2015, 11:53 AM
OK it looks like the firewalls here at work. Doing something weird with ports.

J

dubrosa22
3rd June 2016, 11:37 AM
I just want to post about my recent weborder experience with McJing Co.

I bought a PSI Stead-Fast steadyrest and a few other items (no problem adding them to the Cart) and sent off my Checkout Order and after receiving an email confirmation I paid via Direct Deposit. All of this on Wednesday morning. A few hours later I received a friendly call saying it would sent out to me that afternoon. Thursday morning it arrived. Great service!

My only quibble was that my order never had an Order or Invoice number (that I could see anyway) for reference. Unusual.
Still brilliant service - recommended business for tools.

Vaughan