PDA

View Full Version : Lie Nielsen Toolworks

Pat
31st May 2005, 08:15 PM
For a serious drooling session Lie Neilsen (http://www.lie-nielsen.com/index.html) No sign of the Aussie site yet!

BobR
31st May 2005, 10:15 PM
Try www.lie_nielsen.com.au (http://www.lie_nielsen.com.au). Still under development. However, the insert in the latest AWR (No.47) makes interesting reading. Doing some comparisons with Carba-tec pricing there are some real savings to be made.

Pat
1st June 2005, 01:30 PM
Bob, link does not work as yet, I'll get a copy of AWR. Thanks for the info :) .

burn
1st June 2005, 02:54 PM
Try www.lie_nielsen.com.au (http://www.lie_nielsen.com.au). Still under development. However, the insert in the latest AWR (No.47) makes interesting reading. Doing some comparisons with Carba-tec pricing there are some real savings to be made.

Not that their site is up yet, but the website will be

www.lie-nielsen.com.au

IE a hyphen rather than underscore.

Pat
3rd June 2005, 10:19 PM
I spoke to the boys at the Lie Nielsen stand today and they said the web site will be fully operational in two weeks time - including pricing and ordering. Time will tell is they are comparable with ordering directly from seppo land or not.

Auld Bassoon
8th August 2005, 08:21 PM
Hi guys,

I tried, again, the local LN site. Same old, same old.

I've sent a modestly stroppy message to them, but don't have any great expectations of a reply; the last time I e-mailed them about wanting to buy a couple of LN saws and a shoulder plane - zilch, nada...

LN are about great tools and great customer service; the local outfit don't seem to have heard of either, darnit!

I also copied above said missive to LN in the U.S. It might be informative to find out what sort of response is received. If anyone's interested, I'll keep you posted.

Cheers!

Pat
8th August 2005, 10:30 PM
Well here is my "polite" request :
Hello, I am just wondering when this site will become operational. At the Sydney WWW show (03/06/2005), I was told "Two weeks", well two months has gone by and nothing. Fair go, have you had "technical difficulties" or has your parent company delayed(?) you via some means. I know that everything is available via internet (USA), but I was trying to at least support a local arm of the company!

Again I sent it to both Australian and Seppo sites and I'll await any answer as well :(

If anyone else would like to ask "What's going on with the Australian Site?"
the email address' are: LN Australia [email protected] and
LN USA [email protected]

(Of course I put my name at the end of my email)

MathewA
8th August 2005, 11:39 PM
They need to get another wed administrator for the Aus LN site there's no way it should be taking this long to have it up

kiwigeo
10th August 2005, 04:44 AM
My house is just up the road from this outfit..when I get back to Adelaide I plan to pay them a visit. Will ask about the website and suggest they get cracking on it. Will keep you posted.

Scally
10th August 2005, 10:52 AM
After visiting the LN site at the Sydney show I sent emails to US and Aussie sites letting them know I was pleased to see an aussie company.

I recieved replies from both within 24 hours.

Just the sort of quick service I expected.

There must be a lot of work in getting a new company set up and the web site would be only one job to do. They have been busy going to the woodworking shows and are probably spread pretty thin trying to get everything done.

I am willing to give them time to get the web site up and running - it will give me more time to save up for a shoulder plane.

I'll keep checking the web site every few days.

craigb
10th August 2005, 09:49 PM
Like Scally, I've been emailing LN Australia a few times recently.

They've always responded within 24 hrs and once within the hour.

It'd be nice if their web site was up, but in the meantime, email works pretty well.

After all, they are not going to have anything that LN in the US doesn't have. So you're only checking local pricing and availability.

kiwigeo
17th August 2005, 04:16 AM
Just talked to the wife (in Stirling SA) and she tells me a LN brochure appeared in the mailbox today..

Pat
17th August 2005, 08:51 PM
Well, it's been a week since I sent my "polite" request on what the blinking 'ell was going on with the Australian website. The result - Nil, Nada, Zilch. So much for their reported high levels of customer service! :mad: Unlike the mob from Excaliber Tools Sydney, whom have supplied me with a copy of the RRP for the goods they supply, Kutzall Carbide Bits. :)

craigb
17th August 2005, 09:49 PM
Well as I said in my post above, I have had no problem with the LN Australia's service level.
Emails were answered within 24 hours, and when I actually placed an order it arrived in good order within 2 working days. :)

I don't know what else you can expect from them.

I guess the web site will be up when it's up, but in the mean time, what's wrong with using email? :confused:

kiwigeo
8th September 2005, 07:38 PM
Looks like the LN Australian website is up and running.....

Auld Bassoon
8th September 2005, 08:09 PM
Looks like the LN Australian website is up and running.....
Kiwigeo,

Yes, and maybe, no...

I posted two orders (one yesterday and one today) to the Aus L.N. website, but haven't received any kind of email reply (which I'd asked for); maybe the local folks aren't monitoring their site as much as those in the U.S.

That aside, I've placed other orders locally and been really pleased with their turnaround times - about a working day to Melbourne, whch is pretty good.

Note to self: stop visiting L.N. (or L.V. or, or...) websites. Once you've got it, this disease just doesn't let up does ithttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif

Cheers!

Pat
8th September 2005, 09:01 PM
Today I sent away my tax return, hopefully I'll get some play money with it. Now their site is operational, I'll have a good look. Decisions, decisions LN Aus or L V Canada . . .

craigb
8th November 2005, 10:22 AM
I just received the Lie-Nielsen Australia catalogue for 2006.

A real drool fest - pure tool . :p

All the prices are in Aussie dollars too. :)