PDA

View Full Version : Bushings

cookie48
19th November 2013, 09:54 PM
Hi Folks.
Me again.
I am having all sorts of problems with my bushings for bolt action pens.
It seems that many do not fit. That is, do not go on the mandrel (even new one), Do not fit in to the tubes. ( I tried new tubes)
Is anyone else finding the same problems???
Cookie

PenTurner
19th November 2013, 10:20 PM
Cookie, do you mean the purchased bushing won't fit on the mandrel?? and also the kits are not fitting in the tubes?? Amos:?:oo:

cookie48
20th November 2013, 01:22 AM
Cookie, do you mean the purchased bushing won't fit on the mandrel?? and also the kits are not fitting in the tubes?? Amos:?:oo:

Amos.
The bushings will either not fit the mandrel or the tubes. It can be either or both. Gets rather annoying when you purchase something and they are not fit for what they are meant.
Cookie

mkypenturner
20th November 2013, 06:48 AM
can you post a few pics so we can work out what the solution is for you

salty72
20th November 2013, 08:00 AM
Cookie - if you are using a standard mandrel with a 6.3mm (1/4") shaft then our bushes will fit - the next problem are you using bushes from one company and bolts from another as these may be different and this could also be your problem..

If you are using PSI bolts the bushes we sell will fit clcik --> HERE (http://043turning.com.au/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=981)

cookie48
20th November 2013, 08:43 PM
Cookie - if you are using a standard mandrel with a 6.3mm (1/4") shaft then our bushes will fit - the next problem are you using bushes from one company and bolts from another as these may be different and this could also be your problem..

If you are using PSI bolts the bushes we sell will fit clcik --> HERE (http://043turning.com.au/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=981)

Bushings and kits and mandrel from same supplier.

PenTurner
20th November 2013, 10:41 PM
That stinks mate!:oo::oo:, hope you find a solution, Amos:((

gawdelpus
20th November 2013, 11:58 PM
Another reason to turn between centres without bushes :) cheers ~ John

Beedeejay
21st November 2013, 12:09 AM
If purchased separately that could be the problem,
i bought spare tu for bolt action and that was what was labelled on the packet, but the tubes I got were to suit the twist mech, standard bullet pen, so that could be a problem on that side of things

Cheers Ben

cookie48
21st November 2013, 12:23 AM
can you post a few pics so we can work out what the solution is for you

Have tried to upload pics. My comp is getting old and like me temperamental. Pics will not load.
Sorry

cookie48
21st November 2013, 12:24 AM
Another reason to turn between centres without bushes :) cheers ~ John

Have never tried that. How do you go about doing it?????

tdrumnut
21st November 2013, 01:01 PM
Have never tried that. How do you go about doing it?????
Once u have turned between centres u will wonder why u ever used bushings. There are tutorials in the library both on here and on the IAP site covering TBC. It would be easier to look them up than trying to explain. Good luck.

PenTurner
21st November 2013, 09:10 PM
Here it is Cookie, Amos:)294346294345